Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Where to buy "Live in Boston" in DVD case?

I heard from a fan at another board that "Live in Boston" is apparently sold in the longer DVD cases (as well as the 2DVD/1CD pack). Normally, I don't like duplication in my collection but I'd like to have both versions (to remind me that there's a DVD to watch as well (since I know the smaller one with the CD will sit in my CD collection and the DVD part will be forgotten about). I've done this with the "Divas Las Vegas" & "Bridge to Havana" sets and it's worked well so far.

Anyways, I've checked my local retailers and Amazon, DVD Empire and the like online but they don't seem to carry it in this configuration. LIB does come up when you go to Amazon and search for FM under DVD's and it has what looks to be the long box cover but when you add it to your cart and go to purchase, it has the audio CD symbol next to it instead of the DVD one and of course I don't want to get the smaller 2 DVD/1 CD version again, and know I could take the DVD's out and put them in a blank DVD case but I'd like the original DVD casing since I understand it's available in this format.

So, if anyone could please post a link to a site that has it for sale this way then I'd be most grateful to you, thanks in advance.

John
Old 07-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That was probably my post that you saw John on another board... I found it in two places in the dvd case... but didn't find it online. I found it at Walmart in Vancouver and at the Virgin Music store in Vancouver also and both were in the dvd long box. They had both versions actually... in the cd section there was the digi pack version... then in the dvd section I found the long box... Both configurations of discs inside were the same... And the booklet inside is the same except obviously the pics are larger.

Wish I could help more... but if there are any of these stores in your area I'd try and drop in.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks Macman, OK I'll go check my local Walmart (I did check with my local Virgin Megastore but they didn't have it).

John
Old 07-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Update

Well, I've just checked the Walmart in my area and it wasn't there. I e mailed Macman who informed me that they were vacationing in Vancouver where it was seen in this configuration (so since Macman isn't from there I can't get Macman to get it for me).

So if anyone here is from the Vancouver area and would be willing to pick one up for me then do please E mail or PM me and we'll work it out. I'd be glad to send a money order (an IMO that is, the pink one, so it can be cashed in Canada no problem) covering the cost of the DVD, shipping costs and packaging materials, gas to the store & post office, etc. all the way down the line. I'd be most grateful, we could do a trade of some kind instead if preferred. Well, to anyone that could help on this, let me know, thanks.

John
Old 07-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At my local Wally World, I've only seen the cd version(and I've searched for the other).
Old 08-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

For anyone interested in looking at the dvd long box version. I posted some pics of the DVD long box on my site.....JUST incase there were some peeps out there thinking this thing DOESN'T exist... Well it sure does.

Theres a link about half way down. Click the pic of the long box and it takes you to more pics of the configuration.

My Website To See The Long Box Version
Old 08-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the long box dvd today in Zellers (like a Wal-mart) & in Music World ( a small music store in the mall) in the Toronto area, it was $29.99 (Can.)
Old 08-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
For anyone interested in looking at the dvd long box version. I posted some pics of the DVD long box on my site.....JUST incase there were some peeps out there thinking this thing DOESN'T exist... Well it sure does.

Theres a link about half way down. Click the pic of the long box and it takes you to more pics of the configuration.

My Website To See The Long Box Version
Cool, thanks Macman, glad to know it is out ther, I just have to find it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
I saw the long box dvd today in Zellers (like a Wal-mart) & in Music World ( a small music store in the mall) in the Toronto area, it was $29.99 (Can.)
Hmm, interesting, do you know if they have a website I could order it from?

John