Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favorite Moments of LIB

Okay...I'm so sick of reading everyone's posts about the not so good aspects of the DVD (although I myself am annoyed that I can't get it to fit my big tv) that I want to talk about the great things.

What are your favorite moments of the DVD

Mine:
-When Stevie and Lindsey start laughing during Second Hand News
-At the end of Gypsy, Stevie sings "I still see your bright eyes". I swear I almost cried. That's the second best part of the song and that lyrics means a lot to me.
-During Eyes of The World Lindsey is singing and there's a shot of Stevie and she's mouthing the words. I think it's during the first verse
-Stevie's head bobing during EOTW
-Uh...the LANDSLIDE DEDICATION!!!!!!
-Stevie playing air guitar and several songs
-Lindsey swinging his patch chord around during Tusk. Omgosh my sound guys would kill me!

I'll post more later. Please everyone post yours!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default favorites!

My favorites:
- The clarity/emotion of "Say Goodbye" that I never saw live in person
- Lindsey cracking up in "Second Hand News" - I'm with ya there! It's so funny to see how far he can get before he starts losing his breath
- Stevie groovin' before she starts singing "Gold Dust Woman" - it looks like she's on a rocky boat and trying not to get seasick, lol
- Lindsey's last verse of "World Turning" where just starts screaming the lyrics and not even trying to harmonize. It's just funny to see him get all amped up at the end of the show.

Okay and this is super cheezy, but my favorite is actually being able to watch the dvd with my mom, lol. We were supposed to go to the Bristow, VA show and were both heartbroken when it was cancelled. So being able to sit and watch the show together and have a mom-son bonding moment that we missed out on was great. (Yeah, yeah, *gag* I know)

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 06-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey mouthing "Stand Back!" at the side of the stage during Stevie's "I feel I need a little sympathy" part. Priceless!

Paula
Old 06-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite thing about the DVD is Beautiful Child, the whole of it. The vocals are nearly perfect on this song, and I love when Stevie gets into it at the end and screams "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, IIIIIII DO, love you." This song makes me realize why they should do more songs live that they've never done before, because to be honest I was never a fan of Beautiful Child on Tusk, but now with it live, it's yet another FM song I've come around to liking. This has happened to so many songs over the years...I won't get into them until I have them on a live recording. That's how it was with Sisters of the Moon, Blue Letter, EOTW, Second Hand News, I'm So Afraid (although I still won't listen to the studio version), How Still My Love, Outside the Rain, and so many other songs.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

I love John's bass solo on "The Chain." I love the Eyes of the World guitar solo at the end. I dig what Lindsey says right before they play Peacekeeper. Stevie belting out the ending to "Rhiannon" is great. Lindsey's guitar solo on "Come" gave me some inspiration. The last 45 seconds of "Beautiful Child are, well, beautiful! Those are just a few I could think of...
Old 06-30-2004, 08:47 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Please tell us more!!

Oh please tell more about the DVD its not available in Oz so we are here anxiously awaiting our turn!!! Lets here all the great details,
Mandy
Old 06-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just two little things I can remember off the top of my head.

During Eyes of the World... There is like a quick second clip of Stevie doing a twirl... I love that little clip.

And During Dreams.. She puts both arms up and does the air drums during the chorus.

Other moments would be any shots of John... There aren't many!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Other moments would be any shots of John... There aren't many!!!
Yeah it's great to actually see John! The only time you see him on The Dance is The Chain solo and SYLM when he's "singing". Hehe...it was cool to see his tattoo.

Another thing that I can't believe I forgot was near the end of SS when Stevie points at Lindsey and sings "Still I am a fool"

Wow!
Old 07-01-2004, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs I thought was amazing, I heard a while back maybe she is too old to do it now and it isn't as intense, but she still puts it all out. I also love Beautiful Child and all of Eyes of The World. Seeing the look on their faces near the end of SHN was awesome too, they looked to be truly enjoying themselves even though it was hard work. Same as during EOTW they seem to be having fun at it makes you feel so good these people can still be together (if only on stage depending on what you believe )after all the years and what they have been through.

Quote:
Stevie groovin' before she starts singing "Gold Dust Woman" - it looks like she's on a rocky boat and trying not to get seasick, lol
I don't get what she was trying there

Quote:
-Uh...the LANDSLIDE DEDICATION!!!!!!
uhhhhh no question.

Quote:
Oh please tell more about the DVD its not available in Oz so we are here anxiously awaiting our turn!!! Lets here all the great details,
Mandy
You haven't got it yet?!?!?! Didn't you buy it from America? Plus I though it would be out in Australia already because I heard it was a simultaneous world wide release...thats what I though anyway, depending on where you are Mandy, I may be able to help you get a copy of it if you want, just let me know

Tynan

PS: The more Aussie mac fans in here the better