Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile My Jones Beach review

Sunday, June 6, 2004
Jones Beach

OMG! It was amazing! Stevie sounded phenomenal! You couldn't really tell that she was sick last week. It started to rain almost at the beginning of the show. Before she introduced Say You Will, Stevie asked us all to pray that the rain would stop. So, we all repeated after her "rain stop." She cracked up laughing into the microphone. I guess she didn't think we'd do it... lol. Sure enough, in an eerily kind of way, the rain did stop right after Rhiannon. Stevie was very layered and wore gloves throughout the entire show. She had a lot of different shawls too... which were just gorgeous. She also wore some scarves. I guess she isn't taking any chances this time... can't say I blame her.

The setlist was basically the same, so I won't bore anyone with it. I would just like to list some of the highlights for me.

I Know I'm Not Wrong is a really great song. I love it live and it has become one of my favorites on this leg of the tour.

Rhiannon was rockin'. One of the best versions I have heard in a long time. It was just so good.

Sara has become the absolute highlight of this show for me. On the last leg, it was Beautiful Child... but Sara is just awesome. I am so glad that Stevie added it into the setlist.... thank you Stevie! It was just such a beautiful song. I loved the video playing in the background. At one point, I didn't know where to look - at the screen with younger Stevie or at the present-day one!

During Say You Will's interlude, Stevie was playing air guitar by Lindsey and she casually took her gloved hand and wiped the rain off of his face. I thought that was sweet.

Big Love, Come and I'm So Afraid had some incredible guitar solos. It was just so amazing. Lindsey is truly one of the best guitarist of all time! He was on fire for those songs.

Stevie dedicated Landslide to us and New York. It was so funny when she did it though. She said it was a special dedication, but then she said that she didn't really quite know where to dedicate it... New York or Jones Beach. Anyway, she dedicated it to our city and telling us she loves it... so it was all good! It was a beautiful song. During the interlude, she stood behind Lindsey and he smiled. All you could see of Stevie at this point were her gloved fingers tapping on his shoulders... lol. At the end of the song, they clasped hands and Lindsey kissed the back of her hand and continued to kiss up her arm. I thought that was pretty funny.

Say Goodbye was still great, with the exception of yet again, people screaming out during the quietest of moments.

Red Rover was great too! A really awesome song live.

Beautiful Child moved me - really moved me to tears. It was just an emotional and beautiful rendition. It was dedicated to Liz.

Gold Dust Woman rocked. I love the added "shadows" at the end.

Tusk, as usual, was very cool. During their little dance, he reeled her in and they did their little boxing match. Finally, he opened his arms and they embraced. They both had such big smiles on their faces. It was really cool to see.

With the help of some pretty layering, when Stevie twirled during a kick ass version of Stand Back, it was a nice effect - seeing all the various layers as she twirled - 14 times!

Go Your Own Way continued to keep everyone on their feet and is such a sing-a-long song.

My friends and I managed to make it up to the 2nd row for the encores... which was such an awesome experience. The closest I've ever been was 8th row. World Turning and Don't Stop were great, but Goodbye Baby was just beautiful. I loved the red shawl she wore for this song. It was very nice! I also loved the many other shawls she wore throughout the show. What an array of color... very stylish and the gloves add a great touch too!

All in all, it was a wonderful show! The crowd could have been better, but I had fun. Stevie's voice is better and she sounded awesome. I guess after reading this review, it would seem like I am only a Stevie fan. I am also a Lindsey fan, but tonight it was absolutely Stevie's night! It was definitely a show I won't soon forget!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 06-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review, Michelle! Sounds like they are well rested and back on track!
Old 06-07-2004, 06:16 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon1119
Sunday, June 6, 2004
Jones Beach

The crowd could have been better, but I had fun.

i thought the same thing....the crowd was really quiet in between songs....i hate that....then you have baboons that scream in the middle of "say goodbye", for example.