User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Moore Interviewed Berg for "Fahrenheit"

http://salon.com/ent/feature/2004/05.../index_np.html

The murdered American hostage had given an interview for the documentary, but it is not included in the final version.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
By Rebecca Traister

May 27, 2004 |

Filmmaker Michael Moore filmed an interview with American Nicholas Berg in the course of producing his documentary film "Fahrenheit 9/11," before Berg was taken hostage and killed in Iraq, Moore confirmed to Salon in a statement Thursday. The 20 minutes of footage does not appear in the final version of "Fahrenheit 911," according to the statement.

Word of the footage reached Salon through a source unaffiliated with Moore, or his film, "Fahrenheit 9/11," which is reported to feature stark images of U.S. civilians and soldiers grappling with conditions in war-torn Iraq, as well as examining the relationship between President George W. Bush and the bin Laden family. It received the Palme d'Or, the Cannes Film Festival's highest honor, on Saturday.

Old 05-27-2004, 03:37 PM
dissention
This message has been deleted by dissention.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...on/8775965.htm

Filmmaker Moore says he has Berg footage

Associated Press

NEW YORK - Filmmaker Michael Moore, whose incendiary new documentary lambastes President Bush's handling of the war, said Thursday that he has footage unused in the film of Nicholas Berg, the American civilian later beheaded in Iraq.

The footage, of an interview with Berg, "is approximately 20 minutes long. We are not releasing it to the media," Moore said in a statement. "It is not in the film. We are dealing privately with the family."

Neither Moore nor his representatives would describe the nature or contents of the interview with Berg, who held staunch pro-war views.

No one answered the phone Thursday at the home of Berg's parents in West Chester, Pa.

"Fahrenheit 9/11," which recently won the top prize at the Cannes Film Festival, accuses the Bush camp of stealing the 2000 election, overlooking terrorism warnings before Sept. 11, 2001, and fanning fears of more attacks to secure American support for the Iraq war.

Moore's assault on U.S. policy got him into trouble with Disney, which refused to let subsidiary Miramax release "Fahrenheit 9/11." He is still trying to work out a deal for U.S. distribution.

Old 05-27-2004, 03:40 PM

He he. This is great. This is great.

I bet it will still get distributed to theaters though, and eventually as a DVD.

Michael Moore may yet become the greatest hero of this dark period in American History.

Hail Moore!!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to admit - I like Michael Moore. He sort of flies in the face of all "serious journalists" and is not scared to parody himself, etc. My only prob. is some of his stuff is not factually correct. But, the gist of it is and in the end the factual B.S. is seemingly irrelevant. Now, if we could just get him on the treadmill and comb his hair!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
He he. This is great. This is great.

I bet it will still get distributed to theaters though, and eventually as a DVD.

Michael Moore may yet become the greatest hero of this dark period in American History.

Hail Moore!!
Oh, it'll be released. Moore said he is the one in possession of all the footage and master tapes and that if Disney tries to f*ck him even further, he'll release it on the internet for free.

Old 05-27-2004, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I have to admit - I like Michael Moore. He sort of flies in the face of all "serious journalists" and is not scared to parody himself, etc. My only prob. is some of his stuff is not factually correct. But, the gist of it is and in the end the factual B.S. is seemingly irrelevant. Now, if we could just get him on the treadmill and comb his hair!!!
True, Jason. Interestingly, Al Franken's reportage is as solid as can be. There's a lot of journalists out there who could learn a thing or two from him about backing up your information.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Oh, it'll be released. Moore said he is the one in possession of all the footage and master tapes and that if Disney tries to f*ck him even further, he'll release it on the internet for free.
Hail Moore.

We want Moore! We want Moore!

Moore for President. Forget Kerry. Get Moore.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't like him, I love him. He is the only serious journalist out there. Why can't the so-called liberal and elite media get this kind of footage? After all, they're the ones that are serious journalists, right? And all of his stuff is factually correct. Name one thing that isn't...and if you quote from a freeper site, so help me god....

Old 05-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True, Jason. Interestingly, Al Franken's reportage is as solid as can be. There's a lot of journalists out there who could learn a thing or two from him about backing up your information.

I know - his book Lying Liars . . . was extremely well researched. I had some issues with some of the conclusions, but I totally respect him for backing up everything he said in that book. I mean - he is more anal than I am in my posts here

Old 05-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hail Moore.

We want Moore! We want Moore!

Moore for President. Forget Kerry. Get Moore.
I'll second that.

Draft Moore in '04

Old 05-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't like him, I love him. He is the only serious journalist out there. Why can't the so-called liberal and elite media get this kind of footage? After all, they're the ones that are serious journalists, right? And all of his stuff is factually correct. Name one thing that isn't...and if you quote from a freeper site, so help me god....
Oh Honey - you know some of his stuff is not. I am not going there. Again, and keeping the eye on the ball , the important thing is the gist is correct!!!!!

Yea, the main media is just seemingly so stuffy - sort of like drinking scotch with your dad at The Metropolitan Club in Manhattan. Just stuffy.

Old 05-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh Honey - you know some of his stuff is not. I am not going there. Again, and keeping the eye on the ball , the important thing is the gist is correct!!!!!
I know, I was baiting you, babe. It didn't work.

Old 05-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, I was baiting you, babe. It didn't work.

MEANIE

Old 05-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...on/8775965.htm

Filmmaker Moore says he has Berg footage

Associated Press

NEW YORK - Filmmaker Michael Moore, whose incendiary new documentary lambastes President Bush's handling of the war, said Thursday that he has footage unused in the film of Nicholas Berg, the American civilian later beheaded in Iraq.

The footage, of an interview with Berg, "is approximately 20 minutes long. We are not releasing it to the media," Moore said in a statement. "It is not in the film. We are dealing privately with the family."

Neither Moore nor his representatives would describe the nature or contents of the interview with Berg, who held staunch pro-war views.

No one answered the phone Thursday at the home of Berg's parents in West Chester, Pa.

"Fahrenheit 9/11," which recently won the top prize at the Cannes Film Festival, accuses the Bush camp of stealing the 2000 election, overlooking terrorism warnings before Sept. 11, 2001, and fanning fears of more attacks to secure American support for the Iraq war.

Moore's assault on U.S. policy got him into trouble with Disney, which refused to let subsidiary Miramax release "Fahrenheit 9/11." He is still trying to work out a deal for U.S. distribution.
You need to send this to Randi.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm waiting.