Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2004, 04:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Tour Diary Entry

Brisbane, Australia 02/21/2004

February 21st, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane Entertainment Center

Let me start off by saying that Brisbane is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Picture being in a tropical paradise only with the added bonus of a really great city with lots to do. Our hotel is right on the water. It’s beautiful here. I’d be perfectly happy to just stay here for the rest of the tour. Now, with that said...

It’s hotter than hot here. Honest to god, it’s insane. They always say it’s the humidity that gets to you, not the heat. Well, here in Brisbane, it’s both. It’s so hot it’s hard to breathe. I like a little warm weather, I’m from California, but my god, this is unbearable. I gave up even trying to wear any make-up or formulate any hairstyle, because the second you leave your perfectly chilled hotel room, everything just melts and you look like you’ve been sitting in a sauna for three days straight. Not exactly the look I was going for. Turns out that while we were in Brisbane, they had record high temperatures, just my luck.

Another thing...For those of you that have never seen a bat the size of a freakin’ eagle, come to Brisbane. Ugh. People keep telling me that they’re completely harmless and that they’re just fruit bats, but let me tell you something, I DON’T CARE! It’s a bat! And it’s wingspan is FOUR FEET. I don’t care if they eat fruit or small children, it’s still a freakishly oversized bat. At night they’re in all the trees, flying around, hanging upside down and making noises that could cause some serious nightmares. That is my only true complaint about Brisbane, and although I’m sure a little problem like bats wouldn’t bother most people, I’m not most people.

Now that I’ve bored you all to death...

The two shows in Brisbane were really good. Mick has taken to wearing a satin red top hat for The Chain and Goodbye Baby, I’m not sure where he got it, but it’s definitely a new addition. Stevie has also been throwing a few new things into the mix, for Gypsy she’s been wearing this beautiful red blouse/caftan thing. I’m not exactly sure what to call it or how to describe it, but it’s lovely. It looks amazing under the lights. Hopefully I’ll be able to muster up a photo of it somewhere. She’s also been wearing her boots for most of the show, which I love, she gets a little extra sass in her step when she’s wearing the boots.

One of the zippers on Lindsey’s boot broke when he was taking them off after the first show, he decided to wait to tell us about it until the band was getting ready to go on stage the second night. Having only about ten minutes to figure out how to ensure that his boot didn’t fly off in the middle of the show, Jill (my fellow wardrobe cohort) and I decided to use three inch black gaffers tape and tape his boot on. His boot stayed on, and although I can’t say it was the most professional solution, I suppose it was better than playing barefoot.

Often times we get gifts for the band or things for the band to sign, sometimes people send artwork, and every now and then there’s something that really stands out. A drawing of the band showed up backstage in Brisbane. It was really well done. I think it was meant to just be signed and sent back to the artist, but Stevie liked it so much that she’s having the artist contacted to see if they’d be willing to draw one for her. Somehow I think the artist of this drawing wouldn’t mind drawing another one for her...Stevie spent a good ten minutes taking pictures of it.

Brisbane treated us well, now we’re off to Melbourne....

CB
Old 02-25-2004, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ah, I was getting all excited that they were gonna mention my limericks written on the little crappy scraps of paper lol
Gee if I'd known that the security guards etc actually give that stuff to the band members, I would have prepared something so much better.

I didn't realise the glittery red hat of Mick's was new! It matches his shoes - it looks really cool for Goodbye baby - adds this whole ethereal Alice in Wonderland effect to the performance.

As for the red Gypsy shawl, I also assumed that was what she usually wore for Gypsy.

Whoever wrote this (the wardrobe mistress?) is really funny and nice! Glad that everyone felt well received in Brissie!! (And yes, it is paradise .. ...Well that's what the tourism bureau tells us.
)
Old 02-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo

Whoever wrote this (the wardrobe mistress?) is really funny and nice! Glad that everyone felt well received in Brissie!! (And yes, it is paradise .. ...Well that's what the tourism bureau tells us.
)
Twas Cory Buckingham....

Pip
Old 02-25-2004, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh ok... I guess I mostly was thrown by his remark about wearing make-up!! (But considering Lindsey during the Tusk tour - maybe it's a family thing?? )

BTW, thanks for posting it Pip - I appreciate it to be able to read the Brissie entry!
Old 02-25-2004, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cory is female! It is confusing tho as my son is also called Cory. It must be a girls name in the US

Pip
Old 02-25-2004, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

lol Sorry Pip (and Cory!)

Yeah, I mean now I think about it, Cory is also a girl's name, but it's just that the first time I heard about Cory Buckingham and her fan club letters, I thought that she was referred to as Lindsey's newphew.

Maybe it's just that I'm damn tired but I found writing that last sentence extremely confusing.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know several Corys, both male and female(not at the same time).
Old 02-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm *so* glad that Cory is the one doing the tour diary...I know i've said it before but I think she's hysterical and she just brings something to them that I don't think others could...certainly not the last guy writing them!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Cory!

She's terrific at writing the diaries!!

Who wants to read "Mick sneezed today. Then he played golf with Morris and Ryan. (Who? LOL) Lindsey tuned his guitar for half an hour and still wasn't satisfied. Stevie pondered over what to wear to the concert tonight, but finally decided on black.

LOL
Old 02-25-2004, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: New Tour Diary Entry

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
From Cory Buckingham's tour diary

...I suppose it was better than playing barefoot.
Oh, I don't know about that...I play barefoot all the time. (so does the lead singer in "Toad The Wet Sprocket")

Don't knock it til you've tried it!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HAVE YOU ALL GONE MAD!!!!!!???????????

No one has commented on the best part:

Stevie has taken to wearing her boots for most of the show!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenOfRhiannon
No one has commented on the best part:
Stevie has taken to wearing her boots for most of the show!!!!!!
I just hope that means she's well on the road to recovery, regarding her hip problems!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oops, almost forgot to thank Pip for posting that....

Thanks, Pip!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

And she's wearing the RED duster again!!
Old 02-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Ledgie

Default reply

WOO HOO!!! New shawl and some more boot action.

Thanks for postin PIP. I never got to see this duster on a pic or onstage.

Jimmy