Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default So where is Richard Dashut?

So here I am, in mood where I'm watching the BTM remastered on DVR... Watching Richard all over it... And there is no mention of him anywhere near today's FM. I mean, the sounds that are so "Fleetwood Mac" are kinda tied to his influence. Even with OOTC with LB... I remember listening to Matt Sweet way back when, and there were certain songs that felt -- familiar... Then, later found out that Richard produced them... (Time Capsule has that feeling of a LB "thing")
So back to the question... Why isn't Richard anywhere in a question of "next producer" ? And where did he go? And why do you think FM won't bring him back?
Thanks!!!

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've wondered myself.

I remember he was in the audience (with Steve) at one of Lindsey's solo shows. I'm not sure if Lindsey called them accomplices, conspirators or . . . I don't think he used the phrase "partners in crime," but he said they were partly to blame for what he's done.

Lindsey must have lived with Richard for a good 10 years or more and I'm sure that living music like that together, constantly bouncing ideas back and forth between them was responsible for so much of what we've gotten.

Michele
Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last I heard he was in Vegas and was producing. On his website there were photos of him backstage with the Mac during the SYW tour. I heard they made a dedication to him at one of the Vegas shows then, I think he was getting married.

I think it would be cool if they brought back both Ken & Richard. But, I'm all about the nostalgia. Maybe they should move forward with Dave Stewart or someone else...
Old 08-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I've wondered myself.

I remember he was in the audience (with Steve) at one of Lindsey's solo shows. I'm not sure if Lindsey called them accomplices, conspirators or . . . I don't think he used the phrase "partners in crime," but he said they were partly to blame for what he's done.

Michele
LOL! That's great!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I've wondered myself.

Lindsey must have lived with Richard for a good 10 years or more and I'm sure that living music like that together, constantly bouncing ideas back and forth between them was responsible for so much of what we've gotten.

Michele
lindsey about richard dashut from the 1992 guitar world interview w/ LB that you posted few days ago:

"LB: Well, he’s probably my closest friend – someone who knows me and whom I trust a lot. It’s difficult to say what he does. Richard’s a sounding board – a sensibility that will give criticism when it’s needed. He’s great with broad strokes and seeing the big picture. I tend to get lost in small details, so it’s good to have him around."