Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Smile On this day....27th November 1981, Houston Texas

Okay, heres another date from the past. ....Stevies first solo concert. Twenty eight years ago ( i feel so old)!! I remember rushing out the day Bella Donna was released to get a copy and listening to it endlessly. I once read that if you listen in the dark you tend to focus better because there is nothing distracting and so there I was with my headphones on in the dark.....come in out of the darkness.

I haven't got a copy of the houston show anymore
Stevie Nicks-Nov.28,1981-Houston, TX-The Summit

Disc 1
1.Intro
2.Gold Dust Woman
3.Think About It
4.Dreams
5.Angel
6.After the Glitter Fades
7.Gold and Braid
8.I Need to Know
9.Sara

Disc 2
1.Bella Donna
2.Band Intros/Blue Lamp
3.Leather and Lace
4.How Still My Love
5.Stop Draggin' my Heart Around
6.Edge of Seveteen
7.Rhiannon

1981 White Winged Dove Tour:
November 27 Houston, Texas
November 28 Houston, Texas
November 29 Dallas, Texas Reunion Arena
December 3 Oakland, California Oakland Coliseum
December 5 Tempe, Arizona Compton Terrace (?)
December 6 Los Angeles, California Fox Wilshire Theater
December 7 Los Angeles, California Fox Wilshire Theater
December 8 Los Angeles, California Fox Wilshire Theater
December 12 Los Angeles, California Fox Wilshire Theater
December 13 Los Angeles, California Fox Wilshire Theater

Heres an interview from 1981, although Im not sure of the exact date - maybe someone will know? from WLIR FM - Sunday at Nine with
Dennis Macnamara & Stevie Nicks. http://www.mediafire.com/?nyil0vwtcwz

Did anyone go to this concert and has any photos or reviews?
Old 11-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

There was no Houston concert on Nov. 27. Only on Nov. 28 at what was once called The Summit. I was at that show. Not only was it Stevie's first solo show ever, it was the first concert I ever attended. I had just turned 16 and got my driver's license. I can't remember too many details, however having the boot does help jostle the ol' noggin just a bit. John Stewart opened the show with an acoustic set. Stevie looked absolutely radiant and delivered a great performance. Reflecting on that show, I am proud to have been a part of rock history even though I don't remember much of it anymore.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ali101, Stevie performed 12 concerts on the Bella Donna Tour. Only one Houston show.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOldDesire View Post
There was no Houston concert on Nov. 27. Only on Nov. 28 at what was once called The Summit. I was at that show. Not only was it Stevie's first solo show ever, it was the first concert I ever attended. I had just turned 16 and got my driver's license. I can't remember too many details, however having the boot does help jostle the ol' noggin just a bit. John Stewart opened the show with an acoustic set. Stevie looked absolutely radiant and delivered a great performance. Reflecting on that show, I am proud to have been a part of rock history even though I don't remember much of it anymore.
What an experience that must have been for you. So cool that you were there.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
ali101, Stevie performed 12 concerts on the Bella Donna Tour. Only one Houston show.
You are quite right! Thanks for the correction. Its funny when it came into my mind that this was around the time of stevies first tour I couldnt find my folder and I was in so much of a rush so I looked on a web page and probably the only one that was wrong. No wonder I was confused as to why I couldnt remember this date and was sure that I only had the 28th show!! I dont know that john Stewart opened though. That was probably quite interesting.

I had intended to mention the Wembley Arena date from the only UK solo tour Stevie has done. Somewhere I have a video of the whole show and had hoped to list it but I havent had chance to convert it. I think I read somewhere that Stevie doesnt remember much of this tour. I managed to see 2 shows and I even still have a t shirt which is more the size of a dress! ...i cant recall whether they only had large sizes or they were just so baggy in that era.oh and a square scarf!!
Old 11-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for that...I am so envious!

My first concert was Bruce Springsteen concert!
Old 11-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sorry...I'm confused..are you including the Rose Bowl concerts in that number? rather than the actual 'White Winged Dove tour'?

Alison
Old 11-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
My first concert was Bruce Springsteen concert!
Bruce was my first ever concert too. And I met him after the show! Memorable. I was 13. 1975.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry...I'm confused..are you including the Rose Bowl concerts in that number? rather than the actual 'White Winged Dove tour'?

Alison
No, just the BD Tour=12 concerts.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had intended to mention the Wembley Arena date from the only UK solo tour Stevie has done. Somewhere I have a video of the whole show and had hoped to list it but I havent had chance to convert it. I think I read somewhere that Stevie doesnt remember much of this tour.
Are you talking about 1989? You might be the only Ledgie who has a copy of this.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

I went to see Stevie at Wembley on her solo tour - I seem to remember going to two dates but I am not sure and weren't they 28 & 29 November?

My first big concert was Fleetwood Mac Tusk tour at Wembley arena and my first ever concert was Tom Petty and I think he was playing at a little gig in St Albans where Mick played last year!!
Old 11-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
I went to see Stevie at Wembley on her solo tour - I seem to remember going to two dates but I am not sure and weren't they 28 & 29 November?

My first big concert was Fleetwood Mac Tusk tour at Wembley arena and my first ever concert was Tom Petty and I think he was playing at a little gig in St Albans where Mick played last year!!
They were the 27th and 28th of November. The 28th is really bad sound quality on the bootleg that is out there now. ali, which show do you have a DVD of?
Old 11-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Your so very very lucky to have gotten to see the BD tour show...wow.....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."