User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Fan Club

From Mick;s Board

The Official Fleetwood Mac Fan Club will debut today! Thanks for giving us so much feedback. We've reviewed your suggestions and followed the majority of comments. You said you wanted less "merch", higher artist content and lower costs to join. Mick will debut his own fan club later in the season (3D room, CD and all) but for right now we've ganged the group together to give you the Official Fleetwood Mac Fan Club with the WHOLE BAND! To further support those of you "super fans" and those of you visiting Mick's site and Stevie's site, we've made an introductory price of $59.95 for a limited time before going to the regular price of $79.95 soon after tickets go on general sale.

Members will gain access to a Virtual Video Tour of the Studio where "Say You Will" was recorded, special ongoing video and audio from Fleetwood Mac's Artists in a "behind the scenes" style from today right through the tour and ADVANCE ticket purchase (up to 4 tickets PER VENUE) in both the general seating and special Members-Only reserved seats! These seats are not available in every venue but will be available for most concerts and include great seats! You'll buy tickets directly through Ticketmaster in advance of the general public "go-up" dates! FINALLY - A CHANCE FOR THE FANS TO GET IN EARLY AT REGULAR TICKETMASTER PRICES!

We'll provide more details in the coming days in The Knightly News. For now - keep checking www.FleetwoodMac.com during the coming hours for more details!

The Knight!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see no details yet on what this will cost for us overseas fans.........

Pip
Old 02-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
SAME PRICE FOR INTERNATIONAL! When so many of you said you didn't want merchandise (shirts, cards, keychains) we cut that and hence have no shipping so the price is equal worldwide! I'm sure we'll add "Fan Club Merch" in the future but those who want to get it will have a choice this way while keeping the price down!

Wherever Fleetwood Mac goes on the tour the Fan Club Members will be offered some sort of preferred and hopefully advanced seating options. As we expand the tour dates, cities and locations we'll keep everyone posted.

However - EVEN IF YOU DON'T CHOOSE TO GO TO A CONCERT - (What? - have you lost your mind?) as a Fan Club member, you'll FEEL like you went to a concert. We'll have backstage interviews, specials, video, audio and exclusive photos from all the band members added over time. While the general site will have some of this too, the Fan Club members will get more of it and it should go "deeper". Finally - After a tour is over, Members will still have unique contact with the band members they love!

Good Questions Pip!

The Knight
Good work Pip!
This actually sounds somewhat interesting. But I won't make a move till I can ascertain whether Australia is getting Mac-attacked or not
Old 02-12-2003, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Who is "Ray Lindsey" as mentioned in the blurb following the preview tour of the recording house at fleetwoodmac.com? Is he the engineer that sat next to Lindsey at the mixing board during the VBOFM clip? I had assumed that was Richard Dashut.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Who is "Ray Lindsey" as mentioned in the blurb following the preview tour of the recording house at fleetwoodmac.com? Is he the engineer that sat next to Lindsey at the mixing board during the VBOFM clip? I had assumed that was Richard Dashut.
Ray Lindsey is Lindsey Buckingham's guitar technician, has been for many years. He is also responsible for backing up Lindsey on stage sometimes, an example is The Mirage concert video during Go Your Own Way.

Old 02-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Yeah...

I received the same email this morning, I did however, find the following very interesting:

"...through the tour and ADVANCE ticket purchase (up to 4 tickets PER VENUE) in both the general seating and special Members-Only reserved seats! _

These seats are not available in every venue but will be available for most concerts and include great seats! You'll buy tickets directly through Ticketmaster in advance of the general public "go-up" dates! FINALLY - A CHANCE FOR THE FANS TO GET IN EARLY AT REGULAR TICKETMASTER PRICES!"

I will go on record to say OKC will NOT be participating in this...For 2 reasons:

#1-Ticketmaster does not service OKC concerts.

#2-The Ford Center (In a contract with Tickets.com) has a policy that does not allow for any individual person/group to buy up more than a certain amount of tickets for any performance, (If memory serves me right the most tickets 1 person can purchase is 4 tickets...), mainly to allow any ticket buying person an equal chance at great seats instead of allowing brokers/scalpers/etc to have the first chance at buying up blocks of tickets for profit.

I will buy my tickets, Now knowing (Very definitely) that I can still have a great seat without having to spend an extra amount for the fan club to just have a chance at a great seat for the show...Brian J.

ps-I just hope ya Brits & Canadians get the chance to see 'em in the UK & Canada respectively...Surely they are not that ignorant to bypass y'all just in favor of the U.S.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Some discount

I still think $59.95 is a rip-off for what you get. And $79.95, well that's just highway robbery. For a better chance at good seats, which is basically what this thing is all about, anything more than 40 bucks is ridiculous, IMO. There is NO WAY I'm joining this thing.
Does this mean the general public will have lesser odds of getting good seats, because the fan club is getting them?
Notice in the email, it just says there's a $20 discount, it doesn't say what the actual price is, so you're forced to go to the site and find out.
Ugh.

On a lighter note, I love that audio clip from Lindsey you can listen to when you click on "listen" on the FM site (I hadn't been there in a while). He's talking about his singing style and how he has a "pretty voice" but the way he'd respond to Stevie helped bring out his "edge." How cute!
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 02-12-2003 at 11:01 AM..
Old 02-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Some discount

Quote:
Originally posted by ERigby818
I still think $59.95 is a rip-off for what you get. And $79.95, well that's just highway robbery. For a better chance at good seats, which is basically what this thing is all about, anything more than 40 bucks is ridiculous, IMO. There is NO WAY I'm joining this thing.
I want to enroll in the Super Deluxe membership tier for $5,000. For those people, Mick will arrive, unannounced, at your home one afternoon & mow your lawn. You are allowed to keep the bag of trimmings & are expected to provide Mick with a gratuity. It's not a bad deal!

Quote:
Does this mean the general public will have lesser odds of getting good seats, because the fan club is getting them?
The fan club says it's for generally the best 20 percent of seats. Of course, in an arena that seats 20,000 for concerts, that consists of 4,000 seats --- not exactly hanging on the stage for "Edge of Seventeen," is it?
Old 02-12-2003, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd just like to say if the ticket prices are anything like what was being discussed over on Mick's board I won't be going. They were talking in terms of $300.00 per head..

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 02-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Vianna
I'd just like to say if the ticket prices are anything like what was being discussed over on Mick's board I won't be going. They were talking in terms of $300.00 per head..
(*gasp* *choke*) What???
Whoa. I definitely can't afford to go then. Does this mean like the $100 tickets will be crappy seats, or nonexistent, or what? Geez. $100 is really my spending limit for a ticket, and I was hoping to get a good seat. I am so naïve. I guess you can tell I don't go to concerts very often

Btw thanks David, for putting things in perspective
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

Old 02-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Hmmm....

Quote:
That's about the figure amount I heard not all that long ago...I just hope that $300 figure is the maximum amount though, Because if it would be the minimum amount for a ticket I will have to pass on that one...($300 would even be higher the Paul McCartney concert highest priced ticket which was $250!!!)

Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
$300 was mentioned fo Vegas I think....

Pip
Old 02-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alright well as much as i want to get into the cool part of the website...$59.95 is too much...but..i have an idea...and some of you might want to try this too...go in on it with a fellow Mac fan and split the cost..$30 isn't too hard to swallow i guess..and it cheaper for everyone and everyone gets access

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wow

Sarah, you may be on to something here. That is a very good idea. 30 bucks isn't that hard to swallow...the hard thing to swallow may be knowing the money is going to that greedy site....BUT I could take some comfort in knowing it was making more fans happy, and fewer people were getting ripped off. I guess I need to do a little research to see if I could do this and still live with myself.
-Sonia

Old 02-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The video content sounds interesting, and is something I'd really love to see... but the advance ticket purchasing, and "member's only" seating, means nothing to me since I don't go to concerts, because of my anxiety/panic disorder.
So I can't justify spending 60 dollars on this, just for the video content.

But it sounds like it could be a somewhat decent deal for people who're able to take full advantage of what they're offering.

Johnny Stew