User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Tell us a story

Have you met a FM member? Please, share your stories with us! I just came from another board where everyone is sharing their meet and greet stories and it just makes me love that artist even MORE to know how wonderful they are with the fans.

Also, please share your meeting with ANY of the 16 members of FM, not just the Fireflies.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As you know, I was in the lobby of the Dallas hotel with Mick standing five feet away. I was in my Mac hat waiting for the Ledgie meet-up & his people were checking out before the show. It was during the whole fan club thing and I didn't say anything to him. He was looking at me (I'm sure he recognized the ka-ching of the hat on my head) like he was expecting me to say something to him.

- Jake
Old 04-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what Jake you stood the man up well if that was me ai definitely would've said something to him. especially if he expected it.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
what Jake you stood the man up
I don't think he's exactly heartbroken.

- Jake
Old 04-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure everyone here knows about me meeting Stevie in Las Vegas. And on this tour I met Mick, Lindsey and Peter Green

And lets not forget my mate Bob Brunning....

Pip
Old 04-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have met La Nicks a few times over the years. She is entirely the most incredible person. She radiates light and energy to where you almost feel spent after meeting her.

I have also met Mick a few times - he is alot nicer now than he used to be

I have met LB only once when I talked to him for a minute or two at the hotel in Atlanta on the first leg of this your. He was great. We laughed and joked about some stuff. It was very cool.

I have partied with Brett, Neale, Mindy, and pretty much the rest of the back up band as well.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Cool Mr. McVie

I met John McVie while in the Apple computer store at Lennox Mall in Atlanta, GA. We chatted for a few minutes about tattoos, he called me "crazy" for getting the flower from the cover of the Greatest Hits album on my arm. I told him we drove up from Orlando to see the show, and he was shocked a bit because he forgot about the show that night!

My ultimate would be to meet Lindsey Buckingham. He's my idol. I could die a happy man then.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I have met Stevie the first time backstage at the Worcester Centrum back in 1982. I just grabbed her hand and told her "I love You". She said I love you too. LOL
I got to meet Stevie again at the AHI after party in 2001. I also met Mick then. I got autographs from both of them.
I met Mick and chatted a bit in a hotel lobby in FL this past tour.
I met the whole band at the AHI after party in 2003. It was there that I had a very strange encounter with Lindsey.
I met Lindsey again in Atlanta.
I went to a meet and greet in Denver and saw the band for about 10 seconds. That was no big deal at all. I have yet to say anything intellegent to Stevie.