Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Did I miss this or what?

http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/335047

did anyone else see this?

Did I miss it? Am I going mad?

I was looking at MSN.co.uk and they sometimes have some trivia questions and when you click on the question you get the answer plus pictures of the person concerned. I wont bore you all with the question but on the answer page I typed in Christine's name and as expected a load of pcitures came up including this.

I think this might be the most up to date picture of our tea lady.

Gail
Old 04-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! Christine looks great. Good to see her getting recognized for her contributions. Well deserved. Thanks for the post.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow is right!! Thanks, Gail. This picture is from October 2006, so it's definitely the most recent picture of her that we've seen.

Doesn't she look great? She hardly looks 63 years old. And, she won an award too.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She looks a bit like JK Rowling in this one.

Gail
Old 04-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, wow, wow...she DOES look great. Thin, tanned, rested, and happy. Good for her.

Now, I wonder if such an award has inspired her to, ehem, make another record? Please! Please!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wow, wow, wow...she DOES look great. Thin, tanned, rested, and happy. Good for her.

Now, I wonder if such an award has inspired her to, ehem, make another record? Please! Please!
I doubt it - but then I never thought she'd make In the Meantime so what the hell do I know?

Isn't this just the sort of thing that should have been announced on her official website?

We don't need any trivial stuff - Christine went to Tesco's today and was gratified to find there was a special offer on dog food but was disappointed to find when she got home she has forgotten the baked beans.

But to find this out six months after the event is somewhat disappointing. I know she's retired but she's not so retired that she doesn't go and collect an award.

come on Mr Wyatt get on with the new website!

Gail
Old 04-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

Isn't this just the sort of thing that should have been announced on her official website?
YES!!!! And we never would have known if you hadn't had a little time on your hands & started looking around. Something similar happened when she appeared on that VH1 Classic TV show 3 years ago. A Stevie Nicks fan just happened to catch it & post it on the Ledge. Fortunately, the interview was re-run later that same day & someone was able to tape it. It was just luck that I was able to get what could be her last interview on tape. That should have been on her website.

Quote:
come on Mr Wyatt get on with the new website!
Here, here. I do think it's encouraging that he seems to want to have a website online. He obviously got after Sanctuary to put her site back up after they had given the URL to someone else.

It could take while to get a new site online since it will have to be completely redone. The current site's only purpose was to promote ITM.

Last edited by macfan 57; 04-16-2007 at 05:57 AM..
Old 04-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She looks a bit like JK Rowling in this one.

Gail
You're right. It's funny, but nowdays it seem that she either looks like Helen Mirren or J.K. Rowling.

Last edited by macfan 57; 04-16-2007 at 06:27 AM..
Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

I wish.... but I hate to get my hopes up.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Here, here. I do think it's encouraging that he seems to want to have a website online. He obviously got after Sanctuary to put her site back up after they had given the URL to someone else.

It could take while to get a new site online since it will have to be completely redone. The current site's only purpose was to promote ITM.
It would have to be completely redone. But Martin Wyatt told me last August that he was trying to get someone else to run the site. Surely it can't take 8 months?

If she just needs a presence on the net then all it needs is a short biography (I'm sure her brother would oblige), discography (is that spelled right?) a few pictures, any news as and when it happens and personally I'd like to see some more outtakes from ITM to download and if I'm having a wish list I'd like to see her do a Q&A.

Gail
Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would have to be completely redone. But Martin Wyatt told me last August that he was trying to get someone else to run the site. Surely it can't take 8 months?

If she just needs a presence on the net then all it needs is a short biography (I'm sure her brother would oblige), discography (is that spelled right?) a few pictures, any news as and when it happens and personally I'd like to see some more outtakes from ITM to download and if I'm having a wish list I'd like to see her do a Q&A.

Gail
Was it back in August that you talked to Mr. Wyatt? I didn't think it had been that long. I guess the time just goes too fast.

I don't think a new website was exactly a priority then. Hopefully, after what happened with Sanctuary, a new website will become a bit more of a priority. You're right. It doesn't have to be too fancy. I'd especially love some unreleased tracks to download & definitely a Q & A. If you ever talk to Mr. Wyatt again, you might offer a suggestion or two.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was it back in August that you talked to Mr. Wyatt? I didn't think it had been that long. I guess the time just goes too fast.

I don't think a new website was exactly a priority then. Hopefully, after what happened with Sanctuary, a new website will become a bit more of a priority. You're right. It doesn't have to be too fancy. I'd especially love some unreleased tracks to download & definitely a Q & A. If you ever talk to Mr. Wyatt again, you might offer a suggestion or two.
I spoke to him last August when the idiot first hacked into the forum and then I emailed him a few weeks ago about the website disappearing. He replied to the email and again said he was going to get someone new to do it and that he'd keep me informed. I'm not holding my breath! I think he might have a lot to do. I don't know if he represents anyone else these days.

Last night I "googled" him (not much on the telly) and it seems at one point he looked after Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues. I don't know whether he still does

Gail
Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Last night I "googled" him (not much on the telly) and it seems at one point he looked after Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues. I don't know whether he still does

Gail
I didn't know that. I just assumed that he only had Chris & that was because of their long standing friendship.

Let us know if you find anything else new of interest about CM in your Google searches.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't know that. I just assumed that he only had Chris & that was because of their long standing friendship.

Let us know if you find anything else new of interest about CM in your Google searches.
It depends if it's another slow night for British tv

I kind of assumed he was semi retired so he may not still look after Justin Hayward. The time when I was trying to get hold of him to tell him about the web site it took me a good few days for him to answer the phone and at one point his voice mail was full so it doesn't sound like he has any staff.

Gail
Old 04-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.justinhayward.com/home.php3

This is the link to Justin Hayward's site.

Check out the discography - Bright Music (Martin Wyatt's company) published a lot of the songs and Mr Wyatt produced some of the tracks.

A man of many talents.

Not sure whether he still looks after Justin though.

I'm off to watch some telly (which reminds me an episode of Greys Anatomy which ws on the other night was called "Tell me sweet little lies")

Gail