Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default If you compared FM to...

The Beatles, which FM members would represent which Beatles? Could Christine and Lindsey be something like the Lennon/McCartney songwriting duo? Could Stevie be compared to John as a songwriter, perhaps? Have there been any members in the history of FM that could have the misfortune of being compared to Ringo? And do y'all think that there were some very talented members who never got as much credit as they deserved because they were in the shadow of more popular band members, much like George was?

Hillary

Last edited by GateandGarden; 12-04-2004 at 11:00 AM..
Old 12-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
The Beatles, which FM members would represent which Beatles? Could Christine and Lindsey be something like the Lennon/McCartney songwriting duo? Could Stevie be compared to John as a songwriter, perhaps? Have there been any members in the history of FM that could have the misfortunate of being compared to Ringo? And do y'all think that there were some very talented members who never got as much credit as they deserved because they were in the shadow of more popular band members, much like George was?

Hillary
I think Christine or John could easily be George, "the quiet one." How about Mick as Ringo?
Old 12-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why am I thinking Stevie would be like McCartney? I feel like Lindsey fits the role of George. John could be like Lennon. He is political and quiet translates into peace. The only one left for Mick is Ringo.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate to compare anyone to the Beatles since I think the Beatles are incomparable anyway. But, musically, I'd compare Christine to Paul. Personality wise, I'd compare her to George. There are so many personal similarities between George & Chris, and John McVie as well. I'd compare Lindsey somewhat to a lesser extent Lennon. For obvious reasons, I'd compare Mick & Ringo. I guess that would leave Stevie & Paul, but I don't think there are really any comparisons between those two.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely think that Lindsey is like Paul. They have a lot of musical similarities. If you listen to Paul's McCartney II(one of Paul's solo albums) and Lindsey's Go Insane, you can really see the similarities. They both like to do experimental things in some of their solo projects. Also, at one time, Lindsey had a picture of Paul in his studio on the soundboard. Paul is a big influence on Lindsey.

I think John McVie is more like George. John is the quiet and strong one, much like George. Also, John really isn't given the credit he deserves for his talent on bass. Much like George wasn't given the credit he deserved until later years.

I really think Mick is like Ringo. Ringo was often the peacekeeper in the Beatles and tried to hold things together, much like Mick does in the Mac. Also, they both play drums!

I really don't see a John Lennon in the Mac. Also, I don't see a similiarity in any of the Beatles and Stevie or Christine.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin

Last edited by golddustwoman77; 12-05-2004 at 08:05 PM..