The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:23 PM

Default How old does Stevie looks?

how-old.net is an on-line face-recognition software that guess your gender and age using uploaded photos.
This were the results with Stevie:

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 05-04-2015 at 12:27 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 12:24 PM

Old 05-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
how-old.net is an on-line face-recognition software that guess your gender and age using uploaded photos.
This were the results with Stevie:

Talk about being on the edge of 17.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:20 PM

Default It took me a while to understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigLove View Post
Talk about being on the edge of 17.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Registered

I hope she doesn't get upset if they use her image in their advertising http://www.fastcompany.com/3045825/f...-guessing-tool
That fine print, from the Terms of Service for Microsoft's Azure cloud platform, means that Microsoft can use your photos on its websites and in advertising, and it can give its suppliers the same rights to your image.

However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing, or submitting your Submission, you are granting Microsoft, its affiliated companies, and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses (including, without limitation, all Microsoft services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Website Services.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I hope she doesn't get upset if they use her image in their advertising http://www.fastcompany.com/3045825/f...-guessing-tool
That fine print, from the Terms of Service for Microsoft's Azure cloud platform, means that Microsoft can use your photos on its websites and in advertising, and it can give its suppliers the same rights to your image.

However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing, or submitting your Submission, you are granting Microsoft, its affiliated companies, and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses (including, without limitation, all Microsoft services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat your Submission; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Website Services.
It wouldn't be very good advertising for the service seeing as she's actually 50+ in all of these photos.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:41 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
It wouldn't be very good advertising for the service seeing as she's actually 50+ in all of these photos.
it would probably slip by the kids who work there they would have no clue who she is .... if this got through and made it to market after several approvals
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...abel/26532085/
Old 05-05-2015, 07:49 AM

All the photos uploaded were trite pictures that you can find everywhere on the internet, probably she wouldn't care.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default :)

I love this thread. We know she looks amazing for her age but for this software to tag her at 37 is awesome. I would think most people would guess she is in her late 40s by the way she looks. Rock on Stevie!!
Old 05-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate to be a spoiler here, and I don't want to take anything away from Stevie, but judging how old she looks based on pics like the ones here is not very accurate. All of those pictures show her with make up at the very least, and have probably also been altered. I'm not taking anything away from her, but when you see pics of her without make and touch ups, she looks quite different, as does everyone. Again, I think she looks great, and it's fine if she wants to publish pics with make up. Very few stars publish un touched pics (that's why when Jaime Lee Curtis did it a few years ago it was such a big deal), but I really don't think people think she looks like she's in her 30's when they see untouched pics of her. She looks great, but she doesn't look 30 years younger than her age.

Kevin
Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 AM

That's true for pictures taken during photoshoots, like the one in which she is mislabeled 17, but usually the red carpet photos are accurate because the flash of the camera is merciless towards every woman.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I hate to be a spoiler here, and I don't want to take anything away from Stevie, but judging how old she looks based on pics like the ones here is not very accurate. All of those pictures show her with make up at the very least, and have probably also been altered.

Kevin
Agreed. I'd like to see what it would say if they judged one of those candids of Stevie at the airport a couple of years back. The ones where she is not wearing a stitch of makeup and her hair is pulled back in a bun, looking very "crazy grandma". See attached pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stevieairport.jpg (24.5 KB, 62 views)
Old 05-05-2015, 12:55 PM

I've just uploaded it and it says Female 54.
Guys, she doesn't look as bad as you think, sometimes when I wake up I look worse than her in that picture and I'm 23.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Agreed. I'd like to see what it would say if they judged one of those candids of Stevie at the airport a couple of years back. The ones where she is not wearing a stitch of makeup and her hair is pulled back in a bun, looking very "crazy grandma". See attached pic...
I've never seen this one. I actually think she looks pretty good there, the lack of makeup gives me shades of very young Stevie (if that makes sense).
Old 05-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
All the photos uploaded were trite pictures that you can find everywhere on the internet, probably she wouldn't care.
Well, by uploading the photo, no one who is NOT Stevie can authorize the use of her license. Even Karen couldn't bind Stevie to their agreement, much less a Stevie fan who doesn't know Stevie. So, it's not like anyone is getting Stevie in trouble.

Michele