Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Burnish Situation

It has been brought to my attention that I had missed some comments that have been made, and that I haven't adequately dealt with what's going on.

I want to make it absolutely clear that derogatory comments made about Tracy, about Burnish, and about the people who post on the message board there, will NOT be tolerated.
Derogatory comments against ANY fan-site and its visitors, will also not be tolerated.

This is covered in the FAQs, in regards to both personal feuds and in regards to comments that defame, abuse or threaten others.

I'd also like to point directly to these lines in the FAQ:
Quote:
If all you have to add are harrassing, insulting, taunting, nasty remarks or name-calling, you'll be asked to go somewhere else. Taunting is defined as "aggravation by deriding, mocking, criticizing or carping".
The in-fighting and animosities that exist elsewhere are not to be carried over onto the Ledge boards.

If someone wishes to discuss problems with other users or other fan-sites, do so in instant messages or emails. NOT here.

This can now be considered a warning.

I'm making this a closed thread, so as not to perpetuate this argument.

DO NOT start new threads in regards to this matter.

Thank you.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is an addendum to my previous message.

I want to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to Tracy. It was never my intention for it to seem as if I condone you, or your site, being denigrated.... that's the last thing I'd ever do, so it never even occured to me that others might take my comments that way.

I also never meant to seem as if I was oversimplifying anything that has been said or done.

I am deeply sorry for this, and I apologize that it seemed as if I was saying one thing while still allowing it to happen.

It's never easy maintaining impartiality in these situations... but it is what's expected of the moderators. Still, it's only at its most difficult when our attempts at impartiality make it seem as if we've turned our back on a friend.

As a moderator, I am maintaining that impartiality... but as a human-being, I apologize to my friend for letting her down.