The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A burning question for FM concert go-ers!

I have a problem- I know nothing about how to get good seats. I need to get three seats (together) and I want them to be really good seats (floor level and close to the stage), is this possible? If so, how?

And since it is my responsibility to get these tickets for everyone, I don't want to do anything too risky like buying them two days before the concert. Is it possible to get good seats the minute they go on sale?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is POSSIBLE, though highly unlikely now that most tickets are run through Ticketmaster. If you have a place that sells tickets, you could try that, although you'll be put in a lottery system and have to hope you get picked first. That's how I got second row at Trouble in Shangri-La...my sister reluctantly (Hell, actually she was pissed) went with my mother because I had to work that day, and they picked my sister's number first! You have to watch that too though, because sometimes ticket outlets are only given a certain chunk of tickets to sell. Basically, I plan on getting tickets when they first go on sale, then about 5 days before the concert on, I'm gonna check TM like crazy. If I get closer seats, I don't mind eating the price for the other seats. It's worth it to me, but then, that's me. I know I have the money to do that. Great thing about living at home at 22 years old...all earnings from my job go straight to me. Besides credit card and cell phone bills, and car insurance, I don't have anything to worry about.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
It is POSSIBLE, though highly unlikely now that most tickets are run through Ticketmaster. If you have a place that sells tickets, you could try that, although you'll be put in a lottery system and have to hope you get picked first. That's how I got second row at Trouble in Shangri-La...my sister reluctantly (Hell, actually she was pissed) went with my mother because I had to work that day, and they picked my sister's number first! You have to watch that too though, because sometimes ticket outlets are only given a certain chunk of tickets to sell. Basically, I plan on getting tickets when they first go on sale, then about 5 days before the concert on, I'm gonna check TM like crazy. If I get closer seats, I don't mind eating the price for the other seats. It's worth it to me, but then, that's me. I know I have the money to do that. Great thing about living at home at 22 years old...all earnings from my job go straight to me. Besides credit card and cell phone bills, and car insurance, I don't have anything to worry about.
So, you wouldn't recomend doing ticketmaster.com?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-15-2004, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Check ticketmaster in the weeks before the concert. Last year there were 10 front row seats pop up in the UK about 2 weeks before the show so you have to keep checking

Pip
Old 02-16-2004, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
So, you wouldn't recomend doing ticketmaster.com?
There's really not too much of a choice these days. Either that or you can go through a broker or do the dirty by getting scalped tickets. Like I said, I'm buying from Ticketmaster and then if better seats show up a few days before the concert, I'm getting them and probably once again eating the price for the other tickets. But $400 is a lot to waste on tickets you aren't using. But all in all, I would say try your luck with Ticketmaster I think.