Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ryan Ward, Age 26

Whoa. Extreme dexterity here, plus a dazzling ability to emulate attack & style:

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dazzling -- SHUT US DOWN

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Registered

That's weak.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:08 AM
joe

amazing. thanks for sharing sir.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yet another guitarist with the ability to make me want to fire my guitar into the nearest lake. I hear that and think whats the point in me even trying.....

Amazing Ryan Bloody well done. That version of Big Love just blew me away. There a few good versions of peoples takes on Big Love but that version is as close to perfect as were ever likely to hear.

Last edited by Madness Fades; 06-18-2008 at 03:35 AM..
Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Yet another guitarist with the ability to make me want to fire my guitar into the nearest lake. I hare that and think whats the point in me even trying.....
Don't give up! If the vast majority of us musicians gave up whenever we encountered an ace, Rick Turner & Gibson & Fender & Korg wouldn't be able to sell any instruments!

Quote:
Amazing Ryan Bloody well done. That version of Big Love just blew me away. There a few good versions of peoples takes on Big Love but that version is as close to perfect as were ever likely to hear.
I thought that Simon dude from Britain was the ace on YouTube ... until I heard this guy. And he sings so well, too! I wish he'd record Lindsey's last few albums & sing them -- it would give me the opportunity to enjoy that material because I hate listening to Lindsey these days.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I thought that Simon dude from Britain was the ace on YouTube ... until I heard this guy. And he sings so well, too! I wish he'd record Lindsey's last few albums & sing them -- it would give me the opportunity to enjoy that material because I hate listening to Lindsey these days.
Yeah Simon was the very guy i was actually comparing Ryan to in my own head. Those are the only 2 guys that come close on youtube. Howexer Ryan is much much better. He seems to play with more energy and puts more life into his songs.
Lets not forget Brandon is good on the old electric guitar solos though, he seems to have lindseys technique nailed pretty well too.

By the way I have started listening to Tommy Emmanuel lately, oh my God watch Guitar Boogie and Classical Gas on youtube. He is miles ahead of anything i have ever seen.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Down On Rodeo

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 06-20-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red Rover

Old 06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Trouble

Old 06-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Try For The Sun

Old 06-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never Going Back Again

Old 07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Yeah Simon was the very guy i was actually comparing Ryan to in my own head. Those are the only 2 guys that come close on youtube. Howexer Ryan is much much better. He seems to play with more energy and puts more life into his songs.
Lets not forget Brandon is good on the old electric guitar solos though, he seems to have lindseys technique nailed pretty well too.

By the way I have started listening to Tommy Emmanuel lately, oh my God watch Guitar Boogie and Classical Gas on youtube. He is miles ahead of anything i have ever seen.
Tommy Emmanuel is okay. He just strays so far from the original Classical Gas that I hate hearing it. I mean, Mason Williams (the guy who wrote "Classical Gas) was the guy who taught me classical technique and Tommy Emmanual doesn't have the depth of feeling you're supposed to have when playing that style. He just plain doesn't come close to Mason on that tune because he's truncates the hard parts and tries to do it "Vegas" style with a bunch of flashy crap that bears no relationship to the original piece. His style is too undisciplined for my taste, even though he and Mason are actually good friends. The best versions of "Gas" out there are Mason's from his 1970 "Handmade" album that everyone seems to incorrectly think Clapton did, Jose Feliciano's 12 string version and my own version. BTW you can download mine on Amazon, just look up Sinai 48 "Classical Gas". If you like Tommy Emmanuel, look up "Burlap to Cashmere". The guitarist, Johnny Phidipides is WAY better than Tommy Emmanuel. Tommy is all flash with little to no substance. He makes a great Vegas lounge act, but he will never be a Lindsey or Mason, or heck even Esteban. Until he writes his own masterpiece, he can never be on their level.

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 07-03-2008 at 12:42 PM..