Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Registered

Default Petitioning NFL Fleetwood Mac to perform at the Super Bowl in 2017

better sign or we'll get something like katy perry , bruno mars or sheryl crow ugh

https://www.change.org/p/nfl-fleetwo...r-bowl-in-2017
Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly don't want Fleetwood Mac. I'm not really interested in seeing a bunch of 70 year olds on that kind of stage. They would get skewered. It's great for people to go see their shows and they already like the music and know what to expect. They understand their advanced age. I don't think they will come across favorably to people who know little or nothing about them and are more averse to watching old people perform. People who enjoy the likes of Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Beyonce. Vocally they aren't what they used to be, especially Stevie and Lindsey. Plus they would have to mime their performance. Those shows aren't live. And since the days when they got people like Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones and The Who, all mostly in succession, they seem to have moved away from those types of acts to more contemporary pop acts.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I honestly don't want Fleetwood Mac. I'm not really interested in seeing a bunch of 70 year olds on that kind of stage. They would get skewered. It's great for people to go see their shows and they already like the music and know what to expect. They understand their advanced age. I don't think they will come across favorably to people who know little or nothing about them and are more averse to watching old people perform. People who enjoy the likes of Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Beyonce. Vocally they aren't what they used to be, especially Stevie and Lindsey. Plus they would have to mime their performance. Those shows aren't live. And since the days when they got people like Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones and The Who, all mostly in succession, they seem to have moved away from those types of acts to more contemporary pop acts.
every one lip syncs on
the superbowl
Old 02-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
every one lip syncs on
the superbowl
Right, but for someone that sings and dances it seems more acceptable than for an old school rock band. The whole point to them is to hear their live performance, not to watch them mime. They aren't a particularly active band on stage so it's all about their live performance. It's low on spectacle.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Right, but for someone that sings and dances it seems more acceptable than for an old school rock band. The whole point to them is to hear their live performance, not to watch them mime. They aren't a particularly active band on stage so it's all about their live performance. It's low on spectacle.
you can't mic , monitor and mix that for live tv especailly the super bowl , where the stage is constructed in minutes no one sings live on television except on SNL ,other shows you can lip synch they prefer it it's easier http://www.vh1.com/news/54545/super-...time-lip-sync/
Old 02-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe the lipsync thing turns the Mac off doing other TV variety shows and the Thanksgiving parades.Most of those shows are liped anyway.

I cant blame them for not doing them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Maybe the lipsync thing turns the Mac off doing other TV variety shows and the Thanksgiving parades.Most of those shows are liped anyway.

I cant blame them for not doing them.
Me too. I'd rather they not appear. It just unleashes the vitriol from people who hide behind their computers.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
better sign or we'll get something like katy perry , bruno mars or sheryl crow ugh

https://www.change.org/p/nfl-fleetwo...r-bowl-in-2017
Great idea.

I think the SB show is already booked way in advance.It might be to late for 2017 . Maybe 2018 or 2019.. .But somebody could pull out and leave it open for other artists.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They are too talented to be considered.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Me too. I'd rather they not appear. It just unleashes the vitriol from people who hide behind their computers.
Yes.

I questioned myself .This halftime show looks like it was pre- taped earlier that day .It did not have the live feeling to it.

I also noticed the set up time for the artists after the 2nd quarter was shorter then the last games.The halftime chatfest with the commentators seem to go by quick this time around and the set of ads were quick too.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great idea.

I think the SB show is already booked way in advance.It might be to late for 2017 . Maybe 2018 or 2019.. .But somebody could pull out and leave it open for other artists.
No, they don't announce the halftime show until probably early on during the respective season.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes.

I questioned myself .This halftime show looks like it was pre- taped earlier that day .It did not have the live feeling to it.

I also noticed the set up time for the artists after the 2nd quarter was shorter then the last games.The halftime chatfest with the commentators seem to go by quick this time around and the set of ads were quick too.
I'm pretty sure it was the same amount of time for the show and the performance was in real time, but the music was pre-recorded.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That would be disaster. I can hear the comments now. "they need to retire" "Stevie's voice is awful" etc.... You know kinda like what happened on GMA.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, they don't announce the halftime show until probably early on during the respective season.
Thanks for the info.I thought it was booked earlier then that.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was the same amount of time for the show and the performance was in real time, but the music was pre-recorded.

Yes .Taped music was one of the issues why the show felt like it was taped earlier.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
That would be disaster. I can hear the comments now. "they need to retire" "Stevie's voice is awful" etc.... You know kinda like what happened on GMA.
Hahaha.I remember Chris was out of tune on Today show .I gave her a break since shes been away for awhile.I have to give them credit for still touring at that age since they are prime candidates for working as Walmart greeters.