Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default My Florida Adventures...Final Installment (LONG)

Sunday morning I got up early and ate breakfast down at the hotel restaurant. After that I headed over to the mall to go to the Hard Rock to get some pins and t-shirts. I was so nervous the night before I forgot to shop. I went in and got some things and headed back to the hotel so I could get all my stuff ready to check out.
Joy picked me up around noon and we stopped briefly at Macy’s and the supermarket before we headed northwest to Tampa. We listened to the Mac all the way there, both the old and new tunes. Thanks to Joy’s advice I changed my hotel reservations so that I can stay in a separate room in her hotel. Luckily it was the same hotel chain and I was able to do a transfer. I get ready as fast as I can and head out to California Pizza Kitchen and meet up with Joy and Karen and Brian (from Mick’s board). We were in a hurry so I did not get to have my favorite chocolate dessert from CPK but I was so nervous I would never have finished it anyway. We park the car and walk to the arena. I go to the will call window to get my third row seat. I pass through security again with my camera.
Joy and I go look for our connection and we finally find him and he tells us that he will be out with our passes. We sit together and he comes around with them but tells us that the band won’t be sticking around after the show. Well, we can go back there and see what is going on anyway.
I take my seat and get my new camera out trying to hide it from security. A gentleman takes his seat next to me and says” are you Pattie? I say “yes” and I see he looks familiar. “Pattie, from Rhode Island:? I say “ yes that is me”. Well, it was Don from the Enchanted list who is also from Rhode Island. How wild was that!! My next surprise comes when I see Alex walking in my direction with a young girl. She starts coming over to me and based on my previous nights experience I was paranoid that I was in her seat or something awful. Well, I could not be any more wrong. It was Laura (BellaDonnaGypsy from the Ledge) she was so cute and sweet and she came all the way from England!!
The next thing you know the crickets start and the band comes out. I was right in front of Stevie again. I did manage to get a few photos not as much as I would have liked to because I was nervous about security. Their security was to busy making sure that people stayed in their assigned seats then to worry about anything else.
Well, then it happened the highlight of my night. I was the only one in my area standing, singing and dancing. Well, I was looking at Stevie and I was singing and kind of dancing along and I look over at Lindsey. He is looking right at me!! I was a little shocked and embarrassed but this was not the first time he had done this to me. I kind of gave a small stunned smile and the next thing I know he gave me a huge smile with kind of a wink. Well, my heart just melted. I was like Lindsey Buckingham is flirting with me. Ok another surprise happened when during the “go home” part of GDW Stevie put her hands on her thighs and did this hip gyration move. I was in shock!! My eyes must have popped out of my head!! I don’t remember her doing that at the other shows. I guess her hip was doing OK that night!!
Another shocker was during Tusk. As usual I did my non-G rated hip gyrations to this song. I am sorry it just happens when I hear this song and I have no control over it. I think that I saw Stevie look over at me and she was just smiling (she might have been laughing at me) I did not dare look over at Lindsey this time. I remember the look of shock/delight he gave me at the Worcester show when I danced. Well, the shocking part of it all was the “Tusking” that Lindsey does to John and then Stevie. Well, he did it to John and while he was doing it Ms. Nicks made her way down very quickly to the other side of the stage. She was in no mood for the “Tusking” that night. Lindsey soon followed down to her end and Stevie shook her head and seemed to say NO. She was walking away and Lindsey followed her on his KNEES!! It was a wild scene. Stevie just marched back over to her side with this kind of no nonsense kind of look on her face. The previous night in Sunrise Stevie was very receptive of the “Tusking”. That was the odd part.
During Landslide Stevie wasn’t as friendly toward Lindsey as the previous night either. Such a drastic change in her attitude in only one night, who knows what really goes on.
Well, the show was terrific and at the end Joy and I waited near the side stage. We got backstage and about 30 of us were all in this one room together. There were no cheese and crackers just some bread and milk or something really strange, Joy remembers seeing some odd fruit. Well, that was the highlight of our backstage experience. We were told the band was not seeing any one that night. We left feeling crushed but we know in our hearts that we will meet them someday soon and it will be so wonderful. This just was not the right time.
All the same I had a great time in FL meeting such nice people. I am going to try to make an Orlando show if they play there. On the way from my shuttle to the airport the driver was telling me a crew member mentioned to him that the tour was a long one into 2004 and that they would be going over to Europe then.
Well, I got on my flight back to RI and as I am leaving I spot Don from RI in the back of the plane and I waved over at him. I get off of the plane and go through the airport and the delicious aroma of Dunkin Donuts greets me. I knew I was back home in Rhode Island.