The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick shopping for Valentine's card....

A guy in Woodland Hills, CA ran into Mick at the local Hallmark picking out Valentine's cards..... presumably for his wife.. though a commenter suggested he was picking one out for Stevie...

http://lafilmcutter.blogspot.com/201...with-mick.html
Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Mick's style.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yellow cap. Plaid jacket. Red shoes. We don't even know what color or pattern his pants and shirt were.

Michele
Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was under the impression Mick & John were living in Hawaii full time now.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, we knew John sold his house in California. Maybe Mick maintains two.
He is in California a lot. Most of the pictures we get of him are taken here.

Michele
Old 02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, we knew John sold his house in California. Maybe Mick maintains two.
He is in California a lot. Most of the pictures we get of him are taken here.

Michele
I think this explains a lot.

http://www.fleetwoodestate.com/#!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

Uh oh... Mr Fleetwood must be running low on cash again. Not surprising given the fickle nature of 21st century Fleetwood Mac.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wow. Poor Mick. A lot of people put their homes up for lease if they aren't going to be using it anyway, but they don't sit down to promote it with a video interview, in order to lure in fan renters.

Michele
Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember a couple months ago, Mick was complaining in interviews about being at Stevie's mercy, and he sounded kind of snarky. Meanwhile, Lindsey was being very understanding about Stevie wanting to continue her promotion of IYD. I was thinking, "Wow, it's like those two have switched personalities." Now maybe it makes more sense. If Mick is financially strapped, it's probably stressful to have his meal ticket otherwise engaged. I just can't understand why he can't hold onto any money.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I remember a couple months ago, Mick was complaining in interviews about being at Stevie's mercy, and he sounded kind of snarky. Meanwhile, Lindsey was being very understanding about Stevie wanting to continue her promotion of IYD. I was thinking, "Wow, it's like those two have switched personalities." Now maybe it makes more sense. If Mick is financially strapped, it's probably stressful to have his meal ticket otherwise engaged. I just can't understand why he can't hold onto any money.
I firmly believe that Stevie stayed on the SYW tour for as long as they did because she wanted to make sure that besides her and Lindsey, that Mick and John would make a boatload of money also. It does seem that Mick is lousy at managing his money.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So looking at the dates it's available to rent, there are no "blackout" dates -- it's available year-round. Sounds like he doesn't plan to live there any time soon... but wait, isn't he just opening a restaurant in Maui (in Lahaina I thought)... is he not going to live there to oversee it? I thought he'd said previously that he would be at the restaurant and meeting and greeting a lot of the time, maybe even playing.... how do you do that from California? Maybe now we see why he his investments don't work out so well.....?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, the up close face pics of Mick, sort of freak me out, and make me wonder if he'll be stalking us.
And it ain't cheap.
I'd wager ANYTHING, that you ~somehow~ don't get your deposit back! lol

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 02-17-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Old 02-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Honestly, the up close face pics of Mick, sort of freak me out, and make me wonder if he'll be stalking us.
And it ain't cheap.
I'd wager ANYTHING, that you ~somehow~ don't get your deposit back! lol
It is expensive, but think about what you're getting- a 4-bedroom mansion along the exquisite Maui oceanfront. If 8 people stay there and split the expense equally, it's about the same as staying in a middling hotel when priced per person. I would love to stay there- just to be able to snoop around and possibly discover rare Fleetwood Mac artifacts!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I'm lovin' this. A little payback for denying her request for FM's recording of "Silver Springs" for TimeSpace. She said at the time that he didn't know who he was dealing with. Maybe it's not direct payback, but I'm still loving this. At least she proved who he's dealing with.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It is expensive, but think about what you're getting- a 4-bedroom mansion along the exquisite Maui oceanfront. If 8 people stay there and split the expense equally, it's about the same as staying in a middling hotel when priced per person. I would love to stay there- just to be able to snoop around and possibly discover rare Fleetwood Mac artifacts!
I don't know... even if the bill was split 8 ways, that's still $200 per person per night (with a 5 night minimum) for a house that's not even waterfront (it's only water view from the upper floors according to the website). The home is also in a fairly remote part of one of Hawaii's lesser populated islands... so without water access, the house just doesn't seem all that appealing.