User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ooh My Love (Montage Video)

Hi All,

Here is one of the videos that I had my friend make for me to play at NOTS last year. This is one of my all time favorite songs and I needed something to go with it. I did tell him what pics to use and when, but he put it all together. Looking forward to playing at NOTS again this year with some new edited videos :-)

Old 01-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great job! I've always loved this song. It's probably the best song on "The Other Side of The Mirror" album. I wonder why they didn't push it as a single-would have been better choice than "Whole Lotta Trouble" (great in its own right, but not single worthy material).
Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishStevieFan View Post
Great job! I've always loved this song. It's probably the best song on "The Other Side of The Mirror" album. I wonder why they didn't push it as a single-would have been better choice than "Whole Lotta Trouble" (great in its own right, but not single worthy material).
Thanks PSF! :-)

It may indeed be the best song on OSOTM. I think Stevie is fond of it since she did include it on the boxed set and they did rehearse it for the tour, but sadly they didn't play it - sigh.

I don't think WLT was a bad single choice though, I think it was a great one; it's just that Stevie's popularity was fading then. Actually, IMO, they should have gone with Long Way To Go as single #2 since radio was all over it at the time.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite part of this video was the ever present spotlight that segued in between all the pictures.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Beautiful job there T!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Thanks PSF! :-)

I don't think WLT was a bad single choice though, I think it was a great one; it's just that Stevie's popularity was fading then.
Considering that 1989 belonged to Paula Abdul and other New Jack Swing artists it was much harder for Stevie to issue a successful single. Still I think that "Long Way To Go" or "Ooh My Love" were better candidates for "Rooms On Fire" follow up. And imagine what kind of hit single "Ooh My Love" would have been if it had been released with Your accompanying video
Old 01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishStevieFan View Post
Considering that 1989 belonged to Paula Abdul and other New Jack Swing artists it was much harder for Stevie to issue a successful single. Still I think that "Long Way To Go" or "Ooh My Love" were better candidates for "Rooms On Fire" follow up. And imagine what kind of hit single "Ooh My Love" would have been if it had been released with Your accompanying video
Well how can I argue with all of that? And you mentioned Paula Abdul (another fave of mine - just saying)

Thanks
Old 01-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys do amazing work Travis-- it's one of my most favorite songs, too! (I'm also a fan of Sister Honey)
Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Well how can I argue with all of that? And you mentioned Paula Abdul (another fave of mine - just saying)

Thanks
There was a time in my life when I was just playing "Spellbound" constantly "Rush, Rush" is still one of the greatest ballads of the 1991 and evokes memories of being kid in freshly-democratic Poland And in 1995 I rushed to music shop to buy the cassette of "Head Over Heels"... Well Paula brings back many beautiful memories.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A favorite song of mine too! Beautiful job!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never knew that Ooh My Love was rehearsed for inclusion in her set list. It's too bad it never made it. And I'll never understand why Long Way to Go never got to the stage. Are there any rehearsal recordings from that tour?

I saw her tour show in 1989, and remember how impressed I was that she performed 5 new songs:

Rooms on Fire
Whole Lotta Trouble
Alice
Juliet
Two Kinds of Love

I hope someday she'll surprise us like she did with Love Is, and perform Ooh My Love, Long Way to Go and Doing the Best I Can.

In my dreams she ditches all her well-worn road songs, and does a "deep cuts/fan favorites" tour for her die-hard fans -- an exclusive audience who won't be disappointed by the exclusion of her more familiar tour material, and would go absolutely insane/crazy to see her perform "new" old material, as well as anything and everything from her latest great album.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-20-2012 at 12:40 AM..
Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
And I'll never understand why Long Way to Go never got to the stage. Are there any rehearsal recordings from that tour?
It was rehearsed but sung by Sharon in which we have a recording.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From Cassandra Swarning blog, April 20, 2014

http://cassandraswarning.blogspot.co...uld-be-my.html

If music were a person, it would be my constant companion, the love of my life.

I'm listening to Stevie Nicks' "Ooh My Love" and it gets to me, as always. It's my favorite song of hers...haunting and sad and pretty and deep. And it hurts me, even though it's not my story.

Almost every song I love is steeped in emotions I've never lived myself. But, they become my emotions while I'm in the music.

I guess, then, you could songs are not just emotional infusions. When you're at heartbreak's door, songs save you as if they were emotional transfusions.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this, Travis! And that you're featuring TOSOTM. It's been kicked to the curb so often that it needs some lovin' for time to time.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
I love this, Travis! And that you're featuring TOSOTM. It's been kicked to the curb so often that it needs some lovin' for time to time.
Thanks Daniel,

This was an old post from 2 years ago ... I was surprised when I logged in this evening to see it at the top. Yep, one of my favorites from the album ... in fact I have said for years that WH and OSOTM are tied for my favorite album however, I have since put RAL as #1, so WH and OSOTM are now tied for 2nd :-).