Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2005, 07:29 PM
MoonChilde

Thumbs up Enya's new album Armantine

Thought I would try to post one of Enya's new songs ..:"if I could be where you are".. hope i do this right ...
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...P344TG5IZ5NRI0
Old 11-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whoa! This is the first time I have encountered this.

A license is required to play this file
The file you are trying to play was ripped (copied) from an audio CD.

During the ripping process, the file was "protected." This limits the number of computers on which the file can be played.

To play the file on this computer, you must download a license (a process known as "license migration"). A license acts an electronic key that allows you to "unlock" a protected file and play it.

To download a license for this file, click Download License.

Notes:
Microsoft keeps track of the number of license migrations that have been performed for this content. Microsoft does not collect any contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address) to perform the migration. For more information about the information that is sent to Microsoft, see the Privacy Statement.

For more information about protected files and license migration, see the Windows Media Player FAQ page.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:22 PM
MoonChilde

What the heck !! first time that has happened to me too..What am I supposed to do now?
Old 11-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for trying to post it, ironically before I had seen this post, I just went out and got it today. Played it during TG dinner w/ the fam. It's lovely. I was never one to eagerly await her next effort, but am quite pleased. It's really nice. Next purchase...Kate Bush =0)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 11-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes. Enya is not known for churning out cd's, but I think her style lends to that.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

has anyone heard it yet? i tried picking it up this week, but it wasn't out in any of the record stores. wonder if there was a delay. i grew up on enya. i was totally obsessed with her in high school. so, she'll always hold a place in my icy heart!

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 11-27-2005, 10:46 PM
MoonChilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by all the same
has anyone heard it yet? i tried picking it up this week, but it wasn't out in any of the record stores. wonder if there was a delay. i grew up on enya. i was totally obsessed with her in high school. so, she'll always hold a place in my icy heart!
Yes..i bought it last week and it is really good..favorite song on this new one is If I could be where you are....now if I could just figure out how to post it here..i;ll keep trying..
Old 11-28-2005, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Enya is a one trick pony.
when Watermark was released i was absolutley mesmerized by it, so immedietly i bought The Celts, which was just a pale version of that same album, and that was enough for me, the novelty just wore off.
almost 20 years later, it's funny to see how she keeps on making that same exact album in different versions, and ppl are still willing to keep on buying that same old shtick over and over again.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer
Yep they've definitely continued to stick fast to the formula.

Enya is really big in Japan. You'll often hear it in subways, emanating from some little shop. One time I was given a lift by the scary macho toothless Judo teacher at my school and when I got in his car it was all spotlessly clean and had Enya playing.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo
Yep they've definitely continued to stick fast to the formula.

Enya is really big in Japan. You'll often hear it in subways, emanating from some little shop. One time I was given a lift by the scary macho toothless Judo teacher at my school and when I got in his car it was all spotlessly clean and had Enya playing.
so which do you find more annoying, jpop or enya?

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I love Enya. Every single night she sings me to sleep...for like 14 years now.

I can't wait for the new album. I actually have worn out tons of her cd's since I listen to them every night. I need something new
Old 11-29-2005, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer
when Watermark was released i was absolutley mesmerized by it, so immedietly i bought The Celts, which was just a pale version of that same album, and that was enough for me, the novelty just wore off.
almost 20 years later, it's funny to see how she keeps on making that same exact album in different versions, and ppl are still willing to keep on buying that same old shtick over and over again.
Definatley. Watermark was the first record i actually brought, but the rest of her albums are completely the same