Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Y & R Fans!

Was that Stevie's GDW shawl that Nick used to wrap up Cassie's clothes?

That storyline better not drag on forever....I can't believe Nick is tampering w/ evidence and obstructing justice...why?? Will it make him feel better to send an innocent boy to jail than admit the truth?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't watched this show in ages. The only reason I knew Cassie died was because I saw it on one of the soap rags in the supermarket. Ten bucks says she returns at some point.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i was raised on Y&R. the hospital my mom worked in when i was little went on strike and she scabbed, i was at my gram's house sixteen hours a day. she watched it, i watched it. i was like two or three. i grew up with those people. when victor got shot during that special pre-Emmy show, i was inconsolable... so anyways, us women taped it and watched it with dinner every night and then when i left for college i rearranged my schedule so i could fit it in. about three years ago, i had to cut it because i had a class i couldn't take at a different time. since then i've only caught a handful of shows but my gram keeps me informed.

i knew cassie died, i think she's really dead too... that kid played cassie the whole time and i really don't see them replacing her with someone else (like victoria, who is that girl). she serves more of a purpose dead.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Was that Stevie's GDW shawl that Nick used to wrap up Cassie's clothes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
That storyline better not drag on forever....I can't believe Nick is tampering w/ evidence and obstructing justice...why?? Will it make him feel better to send an innocent boy to jail than admit the truth?
I hate Nick so much right now. I'm not sure that I ever really liked him.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmx
i was raised on Y&R. the hospital my mom worked in when i was little went on strike and she scabbed, i was at my gram's house sixteen hours a day. she watched it, i watched it. i was like two or three. i grew up with those people. when victor got shot during that special pre-Emmy show, i was inconsolable... so anyways, us women taped it and watched it with dinner every night and then when i left for college i rearranged my schedule so i could fit it in. about three years ago, i had to cut it because i had a class i couldn't take at a different time. since then i've only caught a handful of shows but my gram keeps me informed.
I was pretty much raised on it, too. I don't always have time to watch it (I sometimes go a whole semester without ever seeing it) but I can pick up during the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmx
i knew cassie died, i think she's really dead too... that kid played cassie the whole time and i really don't see them replacing her with someone else (like victoria, who is that girl). she serves more of a purpose dead.
Yeah, it seems that when someone actually flatlines, they don't come back. I can't imagine how they'd work that out. Had she been lost on an island and presumed dead, you know she'd be back. Anyway, I think you're right--she's serving more of purpose now being dead and it would be stupid to have some other chick playing her. And I swear that Victoria simply is not the same character since they got that other (though very pretty) chick to play her.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The only soap I ever watched was Days of Our Lives. I was into it pretty regularly around 1993-95. I catch snippets of it on my lunch break every now and then and can't believe how ridiculous it's gotten. The latest thing is that Marlena is pregnant. Do they not have menopause on this show? The woman is 60 years old, and she's pregnant?! And the way they keep aging the younger characters is crazy. Marlena's daughter Sami is about 25 and she has a son who is about 15 now. Are all soap operas this incredibly, outlandishly stupid?
Old 07-27-2005, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
Are all soap operas this incredibly, outlandishly stupid?
No. Y & R does some standard stupid things (like being melodramatic and showing some characters as small children and then having them come back on the show as young adults five years later) but it's got nothing on "Days of Our Lives" or "Passions."

On another note, Deidre Hall (Marlena) is beautiful! I bet she always will be.

I actually watched "Days" while Marlena was possessed by the devil for sheer entertainment value. It was wild. I'm glad that haven't ruined Y & R with something that ridiculous.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a cool story about Deidre Hall - when I was working in a restaurant in LA, she came in and wanted a to-go order during the lunch rush, which was against the rules. She was wearing a scarf on her head and sunglasses, and at first, I thought she was Candice Bergen! LOL She said she had a friend in the hospital that REALLY wanted one of our burgers, so I told her even though she was trying to be incognito, I knew who she was, and I'd see what I could do. I never said, "Oh, you're Candice Bergen." The manager said okay, I handed her the bag of food, and she gave me a huge tip, and a card that just had her name embossed on it, nothing else. On the back of the card, she wrote, "Thanks for your help, Deidre." I'm so glad I didn't address her by saying, "Here you go, Ms. Bergen." That would have sucked! Anyway, she was very sweet and I still have that card - somewhere....

Last edited by Livia; 07-27-2005 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't watched in years, but anyone other than Heather Tom playing Victoria must be a joke.

How did Cassie die?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The only soap I ever watched was Days of Our Lives. I was into it pretty regularly around 1993-95. I catch snippets of it on my lunch break every now and then and can't believe how ridiculous it's gotten. The latest thing is that Marlena is pregnant. Do they not have menopause on this show? The woman is 60 years old, and she's pregnant?! And the way they keep aging the younger characters is crazy. Marlena's daughter Sami is about 25 and she has a son who is about 15 now. Are all soap operas this incredibly, outlandishly stupid?

Marlena is PREGNANT!?! She and John Black used to be my favorites - well then and Hope (who used to be gorgeous - but looks all weird now).

Well - I don't think it can get any worse than Marlena being possessed by Satan

I used to be SO addicted to that show- around the same time you were actually - well let's see..

I got hooked when Vivian had buried Carly alive - I watched for several years after that - and was absolutely obsessed at one point.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I haven't watched in years, but anyone other than Heather Tom playing Victoria must be a joke.

How did Cassie die?
The new Victoria looks like a brunette Denise Richards. She's alright, but I like Heather Tom better....

Cassie had a crush on Daniel...she was supposed to be grounded, but convinced her parents to let her "go to the movies" w/ her friends. Instead, she went to a party in the park w/ older high school kids. Daniel was upset because Dru and Phyllis wouldn't allow him and Lily to date. He got wasted on beer and Cassie offered to drive him home, in his convertible. Of course, no one at the party saw them leaving...they had an accident, both were thrown from the vehicle. Cassie was in the hospital for awhile, but had a brain infection and ended up dying. Of course, she never managed to actually tell anyone that she was driving, she just told Nick not to blame Daniel.

FF several weeks to now - Daniel is starting to remember things - Paul and the Bug (Cricket) convinced the police to let them examine the car. They found a rubber piece of a shoe they believe was Cassie's, lodged under the gas pedal...Yesterday, Nick lied to them about not having her clothes from the hospital. Sharon knows he's lying - the last scene yesterday was Nick wrapping up the hospital bag of clothes (in Stevie's GDW shawl) and walking out the door w/ em.

I hate Nick right now....

Last edited by Livia; 07-27-2005 at 11:22 AM..
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Marlena is PREGNANT!?! She and John Black used to be my favorites - well then and Hope (who used to be gorgeous - but looks all weird now).
I know, I couldn't believe it. I remember when she was pregnant the last time (13 years ago), she was past child-bearing years then.

As far as Hope goes...she's turned into an unbelievably nagging bitch. No wonder Bo looks so old.

Quote:
Well - I don't think it can get any worse than Marlena being possessed by Satan
I didn't think they could top that one, either, until they had 75% of the cast killed off by a serial killer (including poor Alice Horton, who must be 110 by now)...only to have them not really be dead and show up on a deserted island controlled by Tony DiMera (who was supposed to be dead, too). Oy vey!

Oh, and the serial killer was Marlena. Seems Tony had put a chip in her brain that made her do it, or some such nonsense. My god, what are these writers smoking, and why aren't they sharing it with me??

Last edited by markolas; 07-27-2005 at 11:50 AM..
Old 07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
[COLOR=DarkGreen]No. Y & R does some standard stupid things (like being melodramatic and showing some characters as small children and then having them come back on the show as young adults five years later) but it's got nothing on "Days of Our Lives" or "Passions."
I've long suspected that Days is the laughingstock of daytime TV.

Quote:
On another note, Deidre Hall (Marlena) is beautiful! I bet she always will be.
Just don't look at her hands.

And yes, the devil-possession thing was beyond ridiculous.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, I couldn't believe it. I remember when she was pregnant the last time (13 years ago), she was past child-bearing years then.

As far as Hope goes...she's turned into an unbelievably nagging bitch. No wonder Bo looks so old.

I didn't think they could top that one, either, until they had 75% of the cast killed off by a serial killer (including poor Alice Horton, who must be 110 by now)...only to have them not really be dead and show up on a deserted island controlled by Tony DiMera (who was supposed to be dead, too). Oy vey!

Oh, and the serial killer was Marlena. Seems Tony had put a chip in her brain that made her do it, or some such nonsense. My god, what are these writers smoking, and why aren't they sharing it with me??
omg that is so funny. I was watchig it a little during that whole serial killer crap but stopped watching it before the outcome. that is so funny they were all alive.
i used to love days of our lives. i haven't watched it in awhile. I liked it with the old story lines Patch, Kayla, Kim, Adrianna, Eve etc.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh. My. God.

NO MORE CHIPS IN PEOPLE'S HEADS!!!!! Didn't Stefano already do that to John once

I can't believe Alice Horton is still alive - oh and once I flipped Days on just to see if I recognized people and Mickey and Maggie were having drama - WTF!?! Is nothing sacred? I thought they were going to be the next mainstay "Tom and Alice" couple, you know?

Stupid Days