The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2002, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Official FM New Album Thread...All Info Here...

FLEETWOOD MAC
"Say You Will"
APRIL 15TH, 2003
REPRISE RECORDS

The New Album is finished, according to Mick, he stated that December 10th was the final day of mixing, and it was on that date the album was officially considered complete by the band.

The Single will officially debut on radio March 2nd.

Lindsey Produced the whole set / Sheryl Crow will lend some of her vocals and play keyboard on some tracks. Christine will also be heard.

Songs On Album - 18, Including...

"Say You Will" - Stevie Nicks
"Come" - Lindsey Buckingham
"Illume" - Stevie Nicks
"Peacekeeper" - Lindsey Buckingham
"Thrown Down" - Stevie Nicks
"Gift Of Screws" - Lindsey Buckingham

SONGS LEAKED:

Thrown Down
Peacekeeper
Say You Will

You can now preorder the album @ Mick's Official Site.

The World Tour Will Begin On May 7th, It is 40 Dates. Tickets Will Go On Sale In Mid March

Last edited by BlueGrass; 02-02-2003 at 07:12 PM..
Old 12-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Ledgie

Hi BlueGrass,

Yes this info is correct. Say You Will is a Stevie song. Mick has stated in a recent interview that Christine´s vocals would be "hovering" over one track, so you can safely bet that Steal Your Heart Away will also be on the set, as well as the Rolling Stones covers from their Between The Buttons album; Lindsey has recorded 4 tracks: Blue Turns To Grey, The Singer Not The Song, Gotta Get Away and She Smiled Sweetly. We don´t know yet if all 4 will be featured on the album.

15 possible album titles were pasted on their studio wall, options include Gift Of Screws, Full Circle and Infatuation. Probably Twist Of Fate as well, this was the working title for the Tango In The Night album!

If anyone has more info, please pass it on!

Greetings and have a smashing Macfull year!!

Marcel (buckmacnicks)
Old 12-30-2002, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, only ONE of Lindsey's Stones covers came from "Between the Buttons"...the other three came from "December's Children" (about 2 years earlier)
Old 12-30-2002, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seeing as "Gift Of Screws" was named as being a possible title, it would be reasonable to assume that it also made the final tracklist.

Last edited by seteca; 12-30-2002 at 10:32 PM..
Old 12-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up This is some...

interesting stuff to read...At least some of the info I learned about came from right here, Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-30-2002, 05:16 PM

Thumbs up

I hope there arent too many rolling stones cover versions

Anyone know where I can do some heavy duty downloading of the gift of screws stuff???Ive been meaning to for ages and ages and ages
Old 12-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where do you hear Christine on "Steal Your Heart Away"??!! I have both versions, and I can only hear Lindsey. Maybe she played keys on the track back when Lindsey invited Mick, John and her to work on some songs.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGrass
Where do you hear Christine on "Steal Your Heart Away"??!! I have both versions, and I can only hear Lindsey. Maybe she played keys on the track back when Lindsey invited Mick, John and her to work on some songs.
I have the Gift of Screws version & the Best Buy CD version of SYHA and on the Best Buy CD, you can easily hear her background vocals. On my Gift of Screws CD, I can hear her vocals, but just barely. They're not nearly as obvious as on the Best Buy CD. She also played keyboards on this song, too.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by macfan 57
I have the Gift of Screws version & the Best Buy CD version of SYHA and on the Best Buy CD, you can easily hear her background vocals. On my Gift of Screws CD, I can hear her vocals, but just barely. They're not nearly as obvious as on the Best Buy CD. She also played keyboards on this song, too.
I think Chris put some vocals & keyboards on the studio version of "Bleed to Love Her." I don't think that would be a bad choice for the new Fleetwood album. I got kind of a subtle hint awhile back that "Bleed" was part of the new album. It's such a strong song that it really deserves to be on a studio album somehow, to be part of the cycle of songs & themes.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Especially since BTLH was, at least according to Lindsey's DANCE speech, the song that got them back together, I would make sense to include it on the subsequent studio album.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hopefully this time around "Bleed To Love Her" will get the recognition it deserves (if it is indeed on the album... and I'm hoping it is).
I especially love the long instrumental coda on the 'Gift Of Screws' version, so I hope they didn't mess with that.

BlueGrass... on the Random Thoughts section (or whatever it's called) on Mick's site, he stated that December 10th was the final day of mixing, etc., and it was on that date the album was officially considered complete by the band.
So you might want to add that into your info too.

Johnny Stew
Old 12-31-2002, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you haven't already seen it, you might want to check out http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com. Neil did a great job of compiling all of the articles, potential songs, and speculated/confirmed info that we have about the new album so far onto one page.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember reading where Mick had said that there's a "little bit of Christine hovering" there, but I didn't really interpret that as meaning she will actually be on the album.

I know he was referring to some of Lindsey's GOS demos on which Christine appears. But I think he simply met that since her vocals are on the demos, she is sort of "with the band" when they recorded the album.

And even though Gift of Screws was a suggested title, does it necessarily mean the song will be included? I mean, they could simply decide to title the CD "Gift of Screws" without even touching the actual song. Going by this, we could also argue that "Infatuation" might just be a song as well.

All I know is that this album is definitely producing lots of anticipation!

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 12-31-2002, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Who the HECK is singing the background vocal in THROWN DOWN?? It has been DRIVING me crazy.......not Christine, not Sheryl, didn't sound like any of Stevie's girls.......WHO IS IT??? lol.....

Kristin
Old 12-31-2002, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a huge LB fan I must admit, that in my opinion "Bleed to love her" from GOS ist suffering severely from a lack of power. I liked the live version very much but this one didn`t make it on my version of GOS. Also My little demon, but I didn't like it on the Dance either, so that is something different. Also Miranda which is awful in my opinion, this one definitely doesn't fit to the rest and on GOS. Hopefully none of these tracks will be there... But nevertheless I seem to be the only one hoping, that the upcoming CD (double- believe when seeing it in the stores) will contain only material that I don't know... ;-)
I also think it wouldn't be wise to include already published songs (as BTLH for example) and even the SYHA was available before on this best buy thing, probably not to a broad public but nevertheless already published. If there really is such a large amount of material on storage from the last 10 years, then why not using different things than these known ones...