Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick's Mum, Biddy, has passed away

Richard was notified by a fan on his blog that they'd heard Mick's mum died. Richard hadn't heard and said he would check. He posted about half an hour ago that he heard back directly from Mick that it is true. May she rest in peace. She had quite the long life.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-23-2015 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is Richard's post from his blog:

News: RIP Bridget Maureen Fleetwood (Biddy)

I’m sorry to report that I have just received personal confirmation from Mick Fleetwood, that his Mother, Bridget Maureen Fleetwood, has passed away at the age of 98 1/2. If you want to know the origins to the character of Fleetwood Mac, you need look no further than Mick’s Mum for that answer. From all of the Punters on this blog and myself at the head of that list, we salute the life of one of the most extraordinary women to ever walk the face of this planet. This is not Biddy’s world anymore, but heaven has a new Mum and we still have Fleetwood Mac! Biddy, may you rest in the eternal peace of death, you have earned in life and I shall carry your memory in my back pocket, for the rest of my days.

…..r

41 minutes ago

Here's the original fan post to Richard and his reply earlier today:

smalltown-girl-2014: Richard!!! Just heard that Mick's mum passed away yesterday.... Please send him all my prayers and love!!!

What!? This is the first I have heard of this news and have just reached out to Mick. I am stunned with grief at the moment, as I knew Mick’s Mum (Bridget Fleetwood) quite well. Mick’s Mother is part of the story of my character and I cherish her memories in a special place of my heart. It is with that same heavy heart that I post this, and on behalf of the followers on this blog, wish Mick all our condolences. The world has truly lost a great women and a universal Mum to us all. So, it is with both love and a tear, that I say farewell to another part of my very being and offer Mick as much support and love as my life long friendship can hold. You have it all Mate and I stand by you whenever you need someone to lean on. Much love,

…..r

Ps. It is very early in the morning here (about 4:30) and I have not been able to verify this myself yet and have found nothing on the internet. I still hope somehow that this is a mistake and I will be trying to get more news on this as soon as possible.

PPs. I have pictures of Mick’s Mother that I will locate and post in honor of her memory as soon as we can.

4 hours ago
Old 01-23-2015, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel bad for Mick's since he's clearly not having a good week. First he's ill and now his mother. I hope he has better days in the near future. That's too bad since he always want's the best for the band. I would think a show or two may be cancelled.

Dick d**che needs to get a life. He just couldn't wait for an official statement from Mick or the band. Is he the bands publicist now? Or in any way affiliated with the band in an "official" capacity? Seems he is just looking for any tidbit of info so he can get some attention from the FM fans pretty sad really that the big studio man has been reduced to trolling for attention on the internet.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Boy, Mick has had a rough couple of weeks, hasn't he? I hate to hear his Mother has passed. I always loved reading interviews where Mick talked about his feisty Mom bopping around Maui with him. They just seemed to truly revel in spending their golden years in paradise with each other as company. What a truly special experience that must have been.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Boy, Mick has had a rough couple of weeks, hasn't he? I hate to hear his Mother has passed. I always loved reading interviews where Mick talked about his feisty Mom bopping around Maui with him. They just seemed to truly revel in spending their golden years in paradise with each other as company. What a truly special experience that must have been.
Well at least he had time off from FM and I would think he was able to spend time with her over the holidays.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So sorry to hear of the news of her passing. I hope Mick takes the time off he needs. God Bless him and his family.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I feel bad for Mick's since he's clearly not having a good week. First he's ill and now his mother. I hope he has better days in the near future. That's too bad since he always want's the best for the band. I would think a show or two may be cancelled.
I sure hope Mick allows himself to take some time off. Dealing with the loss of a parent is devastating. If he doesn't, he'll certainly regret it.

Quote:
Dick d**che needs to get a life. He just couldn't wait for an official statement from Mick or the band. Is he the bands publicist now? Or in any way affiliated with the band in an "official" capacity? Seems he is just looking for any tidbit of info so he can get some attention from the FM fans pretty sad really that the big studio man has been reduced to trolling for attention on the internet.
Wow, I get the complete opposite from Richard. He seems to be reaching out to the fans in a genuine, meaningful, and substantive way that NO ONE in the Fleetwood Mac world has ever bothered to do. He's been so incredibly generous with his time and money. He's given away thousands of dollars to fans he's never met through his blog, provided us with dozens of unseen pictures, and given us an intimate insiders look at the band we've never experienced before. I never, ever expected his blog to last more than a couple of months, and yet he seems to be determined to keep going despite some truly insulting, crazy people. While I think it's true he's probably doing this blog as a personal catharsis as well as for the fans, I certainly respect the hell out of the man for being as candid and generous as he has.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yikes! Kinda harsh there, BDL! I seriously doubt posting that statement was a ploy for attention. Seems like a nice tribute from one friend to another in my eyes.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my god.Lost of words.

I'll send my prayers and condolences to Mick and his family.

I've been there too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sad to hear this news. Poor Mick has had a tough week. I send him and his family my condolences.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

such sad news. condolences to Mick. so

what a rough week for him, hopefully that is the end of bad stuff happening.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-23-2015, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sad news.
I remember when Christine's Mom died when they were touring. Must be very hard.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Ledgie

So sad! My heart goes out to Mick... He really adored his mother and drew so much inspiration from her. As others have said, this has been a really terrible week for him.

I just talked with Mick about Biddy at the DC M&G on Halloween night. He told the story about how he called her every night from backstage while LB plays "Big Love" and how much she loved living in Hawaii.

He also shared a cute story about how, despite often times not being very lucid, when he told her a few months ago that FM was going to be on The Today Show she immediately quipped "Ah -- great publicity!"
Old 01-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He has every right to say it since he and Mick are extremely good friends. And, Biddy was apparently a major influence on his own life. As for the rest of what should be said here, and what every single member of the band would say about it, I'll leave the obvious to the imagination.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Sad news.
I remember when Christine's Mom died when they were touring. Must be very hard.
Heartfelt condolences to Mick and his family.Geez 2015 has not been good to these guys.I think it was Chris's dad who passed away while they were touring,not her mom(funny I was just thinking about that incident too b/c he died the day they were due to play in Philly)I think her mom died years before.If any ticket holder's shows are postponed,I understand the dissappointment but hang in there - sorry,I had to say it but it is an issue.