Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default You Go Shaq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaq Helps Cops Arrest Bottle-Thrower

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Shaquille O'Neal provided an assist to police over the weekend, trailing a man who allegedly assaulted a gay couple before alerting an arresting officer.

The 7-foot-1 Miami Heat center, who is in the process of becoming a Miami Beach reserve officer, was driving on South Beach around 3 a.m. Sunday.

He saw a passenger in a car yell anti-gay slurs at the couple, who were walking, said Bobby Hernandez, a spokesman for the Miami Beach Police Department.

The man then got out of the car and threw a bottle, hitting one of the pedestrians, who was not seriously hurt. The man got back in the car, which sped off. O'Neal followed, flagging down an officer who made an arrest, Hernandez said.

Michael Gonzalez, 18, was arrested on charges of aggravated assault and assault with a deadly weapon. The driver of the car was not charged.

O'Neal, who hopes to be a police chief or county sheriff one day, was already being fitted for his Miami Beach police uniform before he helped the police out.

"For this incident I don't want to be credited as an individual who does police work," O'Neal said in a statement. "I want to be credited as a Miami Beach police officer."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169327,00.html

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This, strangely, reminds me of Steven Seagal on A. Cooper last night. Did anyone catch that?!

Old 09-14-2005, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's pretty cool! Yay for Shaq!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
This, strangely, reminds me of Steven Seagal on A. Cooper last night. Did anyone catch that?!
No, Anderson Cooper annoys me. Mainly because this guy I had kind of a fling with went on and on about how he apparently has met him and Anderson "rubbed" him (which IME means they hooked up). So...bad associations.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
That's pretty cool! Yay for Shaq!
I never knew he was training to be a police officer. Pretty cool. I know I wouldn't commit a crime knowing he'd come after my ass.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
No, Anderson Cooper annoys me. Mainly because this guy I had kind of a fling with went on and on about how he apparently has met him and Anderson "rubbed" him (which IME means they hooked up). So...bad associations.
Gah, you suck. He kicks ass.

It was hilarious, though, I almost had tears running down my cheeks. He came back from a commercial break at the end of the show and all of a sudden you see Seagal from behind, and Cooper is saying "You see a lot of surreal things here in New Orleans these days. One of the most surreal, Steven Seagal dressed up in a SWAT uniform. Not sure why. Not at all. He just...is."

I mean, WTF is Seagal doing down there?

Old 09-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I never knew he was training to be a police officer. Pretty cool. I know I wouldn't commit a crime knowing he'd come after my ass.
No kidding. How tall is he?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

It was hilarious, though, I almost had tears running down my cheeks. He came back from a commercial break at the end of the show and all of a sudden you see Seagal from behind, and Cooper is saying "You see a lot of surreal things here in New Orleans these days. One of the most surreal, Steven Seagal dressed up in a SWAT uniform. Not sure why. Not at all. He just...is."

I mean, WTF is Seagal doing down there?
That seals it. I'm getting TiVo.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

The Franklin Institute in Philly has Shaq's shoe in a display case.... this thing is HUGE! Almost as long as my arm Doesn't he take like a size 20 or something crazy like that? That's one foot i wouldn't want up my ass
Old 09-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
That seals it. I'm getting TiVo.
It's his witty, deadpan delivery that is simply irresistible.

I was thinking about getting TIVO, but don't you have to subscribe to the service each month? And if it's one of those deals where you have to connect it to a phone line, forget it. I have enough wires everywhere as it is.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think I've ever watched him. When did you become a fan? He is quite attractive, I'll give him that. I just can't look at him without thinking of the "whiskey d*ck" guy.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
I don't think I've ever watched him. When did you become a fan? He is quite attractive, I'll give him that. I just can't look at him without thinking of the "whiskey d*ck" guy.
I've been watching his show regularly since it came on (and I remember watching him when he was on WNN late late laaaaaate at night), but his Katrina coverage has just been outstanding. And he's so smarmy and witty.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Who knew the day would come when I have a favorite basketball player!

Thanks for posting that, Jason!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's his witty, deadpan delivery that is simply irresistible.

I was thinking about getting TIVO, but don't you have to subscribe to the service each month? And if it's one of those deals where you have to connect it to a phone line, forget it. I have enough wires everywhere as it is.
They don't replay his show out here, so if I'm not here at 5 to watch it, I'm SOL.
I have many other programs that I want to watch on my own time also so I think it's worth it. I'll check it out and let you know what the scoop is.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Way to go Shaq...

but please dont take being a reserve too serious and end up becoming "Steel" (That movie sucked).

I do know how to escape the long arm of the law if that arm belongs to Shaq....Make him shot free-throws

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."