Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Stevie Rooms

So, have you all seen the feature (I think it's new) on the Nicksfix...my Stevie room??

These rooms are intense man!

Any thoughts on these rooms? Do any of you have Stevie or Mac intensive rooms such as these??

I've always thought it would be cool...but after looking at these photos, my collection seems pitiful and sad lol...
Old 04-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love looking at these rooms. I think it would be cool to have a room in the house that looked like that. I live in a small apartment so I don't think I would want my entire bedroom decorated in Stevie memorabilia. I don't even have that much stuff anyway. I always see stuff on ebay I would like to buy but then it gets so expensive. I'd rather spend my money on concert tickets.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My friend Eliud's is up there.... the one with the Stevie dolls. He made those himself, the clothes and everything. If you look closely at the photo, he's set up Stevie with her own "room," including a mini little picture in a frame of Lindsey.

Eliud is so talented! His work is amazing.

All those rooms are just... wow!
Old 04-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well the rooms are pretty cool, but a little scary! I for one would not want my room to be a Stevie museum! Everyone would think that I was a Stevie freak- and there is nothing wrong with that. I just want people to know I have other intrests and don't live and breathe for Stevie. I mean if my entire room was filled with Stevie decorations then people would think I was sort of sad and didn't have a life. Just my two cents.

PS: If you are one of the people who have one of these rooms, I don't mean to say you don't have a life. As a fellow Stevie fan, I understand- it is just that most people don't understand our Stevie obsession.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-11-2004, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When I was a teenager I had a 'Stevie room' with postes all over the walls. Since I am married I now have a Stevie 'area' where my computer is

Pip
Old 04-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hey... one of them rooms is mine!!!

Mine is one of the more "conservative" rooms. And let me just state for the record, it is my "spare" room where the computer, etc is and it really only consists of one wall. I am extremely selective about what goes into my collection, having the expected items... all the LPs, CDs, videos, tourbooks and tshirts, a few autographs and a few treasured items.

Laura
Old 04-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I used to have a FM wall in my apartment...but it only had posters...and now that my collection has expanded I have thought about making another Stevie/Mac area...nothing as extensive as the ones on the NicksFix...that's just a little too much for me (no offense to those who have that much stuff...) Its's really cool...just not my thing...I'm more simple in my decorating
Old 04-12-2004, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My 3rd bedroom (which is the computer room) is my Stevie room. It's very "adult like" in decoration. No posters taped to the wall. I have all 5 Rolling Stone mags with them on the cover in frames on one wall. On the opposite wall I have almost all of Stevie's solo albums up in frames. I have a crystal ball on my computer desk. I have a shelf with some random stuff on there. And my autographed poster, in a frame, on the opposite wall from the shelf. I thought about sending the pics to NicksFix, but just haven't gone through with it.

Maria
Old 04-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
My 3rd bedroom (which is the computer room) is my Stevie room. It's very "adult like" in decoration. No posters taped to the wall. I have all 5 Rolling Stone mags with them on the cover in frames on one wall. On the opposite wall I have almost all of Stevie's solo albums up in frames. I have a crystal ball on my computer desk. I have a shelf with some random stuff on there. And my autographed poster, in a frame, on the opposite wall from the shelf. I thought about sending the pics to NicksFix, but just haven't gone through with it.

Maria
Hmm..I guess that is the issue I have with some of the rooms...the taped up pictures/magazine clippings etc...

It just reminds me of my crazily decorated room in high school..

I have all of my pictures and posters framed, and would like to eventually frame my albums....my sister has a Paul McCartney study and my brother-in-law has a Monopoly office...so I think a tastefully done theme room would be way cool....I'm definetely not against having a Stevie room...but I'm so anal, it'd have to be all ordered and nice looking lol...
Old 04-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Hmm..I guess that is the issue I have with some of the rooms...the taped up pictures/magazine clippings etc...

It just reminds me of my crazily decorated room in high school..

I have all of my pictures and posters framed, and would like to eventually frame my albums....my sister has a Paul McCartney study and my brother-in-law has a Monopoly office...so I think a tastefully done theme room would be way cool....I'm definetely not against having a Stevie room...but I'm so anal, it'd have to be all ordered and nice looking lol...
I know exactly what you mean. This is what I sort of have against these rooms. Most of them do not look like they were put together with much planning. Like, when I have the extra cash, I might like to hire a decorator to come in and turn my office into a FM office, but if I did it myself- I would look like a teenage girl who is obseesed with one of the Hanson Brothers!

The only indication that I like FM in my room is a big poster of the SYW album cover. I got it custom framed though, so it looks real nice. I also have the calender up.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998

Maria
Take some pics, I want to see your room now!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 04-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Like, when I have the extra cash, I might like to hire a decorator to come in and turn my office into a FM office
Got thousands of dollars? I have a required fee of $8,000, plus the cost of materials, contractors, and inspections. Plus whatever expenses I incur.

I have a spare bedroom that I use as my office and it has an entertainment center where I house all of my bootlegs and videos. I have around 10 framed pieces on the walls and a small glass case that I put various pieces of memorbilia in (belt buckles, books, magazines, rare vinyls, press kits). And I have a CD tower just for my Mac CDs.

Old 04-12-2004, 06:48 PM
sara1998
This message has been deleted by sara1998.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's one... trying to figure out how to "manage attachments" so they may come in different posts....
Old 04-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Number 2...
Old 04-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Number 3.....