Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Britney Spears taken to hospital for tests

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ars/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Pop star Britney Spears was taken to hospital for tests to see if she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs and for a psychological evaluation after police were called to her home Thursday night to mediate a custody dispute, a police spokesman said.

Spears appeared conscious as she was taken from her home.

1 of 2 Spears appeared to be conscious as she was rolled out of her Studio City home on a gurney about three hours after police and ambulances arrived there.

The children were returned to their father, Kevin Federline, who has primary legal custody of the two sons, a police spokesman said.

Doctors at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles will decide whether to invoke a California law that allows a patient to be held for psychological evaluation for 72 hours, the police spokesman said.

Aerial video provided by local television station helicopters showed Spears on a stretcher and surrounded by police and paramedics as it was rolled to an ambulance near her home. Watch Britney being taken from her home on a stretcher »

Spears has been in a heated battle with ex-husband Kevin Federline over custody of their two sons, Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1.

Federline, Spears' former backup dancer, holds primary custody of the children. Spears has been in trouble with the court earlier concerning her compliance with court orders in the custody case.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Well, Hillary must have paid her to divert the headlines

Actually, this is pathetic and, frankly, I think BS planned this to get attention, which she apparently and sadly cannot live without.

Interestingly, isn't Kevin F. the good guy in this. Who would have thought that three years ago.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The picture that shows all the photographers outside of her ambulance makes me want to throw up. This **** goes on with so many other families... in every city, in every state. Why is national media forcing us to form an opinion on this? Can't it at least stay with entertainment news? In terms of the world, Britney Spears doesn't really effing matter.

Newshounds = Bottom-feeders.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

perez is reporting she was under the influence, yet tmz says this is just another step down concerning her mental state & not drug induced~ whatever the case, the girl needs some help & i feel 100% for those poor babies~ they are old enough now to really be affected by her behavior~

****ney on the other hand in a paparazzi whore, they have reported that she tips them off alot when she is going out, so i don't feel bad for her that they are camping outside her house & everywhere else she goes, cause she is begging for the attention~ but sadly it is negative attention~ i really have never been a britney fan, maybe it is my age, but pop princesses have never been to my liking~ but i have a strong feeling that if someone doesn't intevene & soon, ****ney just might be on the dead celebrities list for 2008~
Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
perez is reporting she was under the influence, yet tmz says this is just another step down concerning her mental state & not drug induced~ whatever the case, the girl needs some help & i feel 100% for those poor babies~ they are old enough now to really be affected by her behavior~

****ney on the other hand in a paparazzi whore, they have reported that she tips them off alot when she is going out, so i don't feel bad for her that they are camping outside her house & everywhere else she goes, cause she is begging for the attention~ but sadly it is negative attention~ i really have never been a britney fan, maybe it is my age, but pop princesses have never been to my liking~ but i have a strong feeling that if someone doesn't intevene & soon, ****ney just might be on the dead celebrities list for 2008~
i agree with you also.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
The picture that shows all the photographers outside of her ambulance makes me want to throw up. This **** goes on with so many other families... in every city, in every state. Why is national media forcing us to form an opinion on this? Can't it at least stay with entertainment news? In terms of the world, Britney Spears doesn't really effing matter.

Newshounds = Bottom-feeders.
It's sad isn't it? This is world news? Look at what's happening in Kenya at the moment, riots, mass deaths etc, just to mention one thing and this is equally considered world news? Sickening and depressing.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytuesday View Post
It's sad isn't it? This is world news? Look at what's happening in Kenya at the moment, riots, mass deaths etc, just to mention one thing and this is equally considered world news? Sickening and depressing.
i agree w/ you on this, the ****ney story was top news here, then everything else~
Old 01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i agree w/ you on this, the ****ney story was top news here, then everything else~
How sad is this? This poor girl needs some help SOOO badly. I feel for the kids right now, as they are the lost ones in all of this. Why did I have a "sinking" feeling upon finding out that Britney was having children?! LOL..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 01-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, really.

Maybe if we all close our eyes whenever a picture of Britney comes up.... and maybe if never speak her name again... it will all just go away.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I agree with this post.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what a LOSER!!! Britney Spears is nothing but trash.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
****ney on the other hand in a paparazzi whore, they have reported that she tips them off alot when she is going out, so i don't feel bad for her that they are camping outside her house
My friend is her neighbour and she just wishes Britney would move as they have to live with the paps hanging around 24/7
Old 01-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Sarah but I do feel sorry for Britney, she's obviously very messed up.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. Although I admit I found that Britney new and read it with curiousity, I think the attention the media pays for all that stuff does not help Britney in her rehab, in fact it makes it worse. Same with Lohan, Ritchie, etc.. And see how Princess Diana ended..

But how much attention that people and media payed to Kenya, earthquakes at Indonesia, Chile or Peru, etc..??
Old 01-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Her kids are rather young....

Suppose it has to do with post-partum depression?

Or is it an attempt at "trying to live better with chemistry" - i.e. drugs

She is sooooo young.....just a kid herself....