Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Default More from John, 1/12/07

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...mcvie3_qa1.htm

Love the great pic he sent last night, too!
-Lis
Old 01-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Thank you Lis and John.
I would have thought the drug taking would have started being not as fun during Rumours, not so soon as the white album. I mean, Steve and Linds had just started the drugs basically then. Hmmm.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Thank you Lis and John.
I would have thought the drug taking would have started being not as fun during Rumours, not so soon as the white album. I mean, Steve and Linds had just started the drugs basically then. Hmmm.
I think he meant that they started doing drugs during the recording of the White album.

Thanks, Lis!!! And thanks, John!!!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 01-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I think he meant that they started doing drugs during the recording of the White album.
That's the way I took it, too.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think it's so cool that he and Mick are working with Jeremy and Rick Vito again.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think it's so cool that he and Mick are working with Jeremy and Rick Vito again.
The cool (and oddly weird) thing is that I've always thought that, musically, Jeremy & Rick (and add Billy in there, too) would have tons in common. I would think that, for Jeremy, playing with Rick would be quite similar as playing with Peter Green...and being that Billy is 2nd generation of the rock & rollers that Jeremy idolized early on, there'd be that common ground, too. What would come out of that jam is just making me giddy thinking of how it sounded.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you Lis and John.
I had to read that line in his answer twice. I think he meant the drug taking started in earnest around the time of Fleetwood Mac. That would be consistent with what Stevie has said and Mick has said in his book. He talked abnout taking acid when they were in San Francisco hanging around with Owsley but nothing harder until '75 ish.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had to read that line in his answer twice. I think he meant the drug taking started in earnest around the time of Fleetwood Mac. That would be consistent with what Stevie has said and Mick has said in his book. He talked abnout taking acid when they were in San Francisco hanging around with Owsley but nothing harder until '75 ish.

Yeah, probably not so much during the making of the album (at least the nose candy portion), but the subsequent touring probably got them kick-started on the "go powder"...they did have a fairly heavy touring schedule starting from late summer 75 through most of early 76...then going directly into the studio in Sausalito for long hours didn't help matters much.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Hmm. I guess you could be right. I was looking not at the "serious" part but at the "when did it not become fun" part. Maybe john was only answering the "serious" part and not the "not fun" part. Or maybe it became not fun right when it became serious? That doesn't seem right. Stevie always says it was fun at first, and she only started around the first album. Maybe it was still fun for her, cause she just started, but not john?
Meh, doesn't matter that much.

"Also, at what point did the bands' drug taking become past the point where it was fun to the point where it became more serious"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I have asked my question, and now the tide will begin to turn. A new beginning will arise. Things will change dramatically. Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Old 01-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I have asked my question, and now the tide will begin to turn. A new beginning will arise. Things will change dramatically. Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!
What did you say?!
You didn't ask him to pick you up in his boat, right? Cause that is my thing.

Did you say...."Look, John, the rest of the people in the band are a-holes*. You have to start asserting your authoritah!!!"

Sesly, what did you say?

*I don't really think they are a-holes, really.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
What did you say?!

Sesly, what did you say?
I asked him if he was gonna leave the band and start a one-man traveling road show called "Mac!"
Old 01-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm. I guess you could be right. I was looking not at the "serious" part but at the "when did it not become fun" part. Maybe john was only answering the "serious" part and not the "not fun" part. Or maybe it became not fun right when it became serious? That doesn't seem right. Stevie always says it was fun at first, and she only started around the first album. Maybe it was still fun for her, cause she just started, but not john?
Meh, doesn't matter that much.

"Also, at what point did the bands' drug taking become past the point where it was fun to the point where it became more serious"
I think he addressed the more serious part when he said something to the effect of he didn't want to get anyone into trouble. I think that statement says a lot.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he addressed the more serious part when he said something to the effect of he didn't want to get anyone into trouble. I think that statement says a lot.
er...I think he addressed the "more serious" part, too. But I think we all knew when it became serious. I was looking for when "it became not as fun". And I don't think by him naming "when it became more serious" that he would get in trouble, because it is well documented when the super drug time started. I mean, who would get in trouble? Stevie has already said when it all started. Ad nauseum.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting! I like how he answered my question!!! F**K, I actually had something interesting to say for once!