Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default September already sucks

I just thought I'd let everyone know how ****ty my morning has been. I get a call from my mom who said someone stole her temp tag off her car and that I should go out and check mine. I did, and wouldn't you know it? Someone did take mine, and in the process they bent the holy F out of my brand new custom license plate holder that I've only had one week! FML!!!!!! It said "Rock On Gold Dust Woman". I was literally outside in the driveway bent down crying before realizing I was still in my pjs and my hair looked horrifying. Crying not only over my plate holder, but the fact that people are so freaking mean. They ripped the temp tag so bad I still have "INDIANA" hanging there...so could they really get away with using it? plus it expired on 9/11, meaning they only have ten days to drive around. What the hell is wrong with people??!!

At this point, I don't know my plate holder can be bent back or if I need a new one. On top of that, the dealer said they can't issue another temp tag or they'll get a $10,000 fine or some ****. So until we find a resolution, I'm stuck at my house not being able to drive anywhere.

September already sucks.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

awwwww, i'm sorry this happened to you~ your plate holder is so pretty too~ the blatant disregard for property & such that people have really makes me ill~ hopefully they will get caught, tho i know that doesn't fix the plate holder, i hope karma rains down on them~
Old 09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is the state of the world this day, stealing temp tags off of cars...sheesh.

Btw, October sucks much worse than September.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Supporting Ledgie

How come you didnt put the temp tag in the back window? When you say "tag" do you mean the sticker? I'm just curious...
Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry that happened to you.
I say take a chance, go ahead and drive.
If you get thrown in jail we will send all
the ledgies down to get you out.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
awwwww, i'm sorry this happened to you~ your plate holder is so pretty too~ the blatant disregard for property & such that people have really makes me ill~ hopefully they will get caught, tho i know that doesn't fix the plate holder, i hope karma rains down on them~
I'm also SOOO sorry this happened to you, and ditto to what Jill said.. Karma is a wonderful thing... and they'll definitely get theirs! Keep your chin up sweetie..

Hugs,

Arlene

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That sucks SO MUCH. I know how excited you were about that license plate frame. People need to realize that taking shortcuts that will make their lives a tiny bit easier can be detrimental to others... grrr.

My September started out on the wrong foot, too. My parents and I got into a really nasty argument on Monday night that could've ended a lot worse than it did, but luckily I got in my car and drove away.... bawling, with all my homework in my trunk unfinished and an extra change of clothes, I went to my English teacher/mentor's house until 1AM and then I drove home, hoping my parents were asleep. Slept for 4 hours, out of the house by 5:30, and then did most of my homework between 6 and 7:45 when my first class began. Still haven't seen the, since the argument-- I've been hiding.

Awesome.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 09-02-2009 at 08:15 AM..
Old 09-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Registered

Finally, September is here! Summer is almost over, and fall is just around the corner!

Surely I'm not the only one to feel this way?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
How come you didnt put the temp tag in the back window? When you say "tag" do you mean the sticker? I'm just curious...

while people around here have been known to peel the sticker off and reuse it...I meant my temporary license plate. the paper thing. the dealer put it on and I didn't really think I had to worry. I see more people with it screwed in where the regular plate goes, than in the back window. but alas, my new one is in the back window. Lesson learned...hard.

buuuuut my plate holder was able to be saved! lol
I thought for sure there would be a crease in it or something but I just bent it back.

all is well (for now)
and I have a job interview today.
September might not suck after all.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdrummer View Post
while people around here have been known to peel the sticker off and reuse it...I meant my temporary license plate. the paper thing. the dealer put it on and I didn't really think I had to worry. I see more people with it screwed in where the regular plate goes, than in the back window. but alas, my new one is in the back window. Lesson learned...hard.

buuuuut my plate holder was able to be saved! lol

I thought for sure there would be a crease in it or something but I just bent it back.

all is well (for now)
and I have a job interview today.
September might not suck after all.
yay!!! & good luck!!!~
Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
That sucks SO MUCH. I know how excited you were about that license plate frame. People need to realize that taking shortcuts that will make their lives a tiny bit easier can be detrimental to others... grrr.

My September started out on the wrong foot, too. My parents and I got into a really nasty argument on Monday night that could've ended a lot worse than it did, but luckily I got in my car and drove away.... bawling, with all my homework in my trunk unfinished and an extra change of clothes, I went to my English teacher/mentor's house until 1AM and then I drove home, hoping my parents were asleep. Slept for 4 hours, out of the house by 5:30, and then did most of my homework between 6 and 7:45 when my first class began. Still haven't seen the, since the argument-- I've been hiding.

Awesome.
I bet they told you to stay off the computer after 8:00PM.
I don't know how they could have slept with you gone all night though.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Finally, September is here! Summer is almost over, and fall is just around the corner!

Surely I'm not the only one to feel this way?

I am ALWAYS glad when Summer is dead and Autumn is coming, it's just THAT one week in October that I don't care for.

Between the years of 1977 - 2008 my family has had 5 auto related deaths on the dates of Oct.18-19-22. My older brother's birthday is the 21st and our Father, his namesake, died the next day back in '77 - of course I lose my love Debbie on the 22nd of last year...31 years to the date later.

Kinda ironic that I posted that I felt something bad was coming on my blog on October 20th of last year, and lo and behold life kicked my arse through the uprights once more 2 days later...

So I will be fine that Autumn is nearing, just let me get through "Hell Week" and I will be fine.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I don't know how they could have slept with you gone all night though.
Trust me, they manage It was one of those times when they realized that they screwed up and that I'd take care of myself. It happens
Old 09-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

So sorry your Sept is starting off ****ty. I'd be mad as hell! I hope things get better for you! I don't see why people do crap like that!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Trust me, they manage It was one of those times when they realized that they screwed up and that I'd take care of myself. It happens

Well please just remember for us
that your crime is time
and it's 17 and life to go.