User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Cologne TODAY

Hi Folks,

tonight is the one and only night in Germany ! And no posting about that show here ?

I am very excited because I have one of the very expensive tickets right before the stage ( Row 12 ). What do u think ? Would it be possible, to stand up and leave the seats during the concert ? Last time in Cologne I have seen them, no one was sitting on his seats, many people standing front of the stage without any security complains ! Is this normal at Mac Concerts or was it just a lucky day ?

Greetings

Christian
Old 06-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It may depend on the venue, but in London there were 3 security guards manning the aisle next to me - 2 at the stage and 1 at the back - making sure that no one left their seat to go to the front. It looked like only the first 3 rows were allowed to the stage. I guess they need to keep aisles clear for security reasons, and they definitely didn't want people crowding to the front. Quite a number people did go to the front to take pictures, but were sent back almost immediately by the poor guy at the back that had the responsibility of telling people to get back to their seats. He looked exasperated by the end of the night.

So I don't know if the set up in Cologne will be any different. I was around row 18 and still had a great view. I hope you enjoy the concert, and maybe you can get to the front!

Last edited by MoonSister75; 06-04-2015 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: more spelling...
Old 06-04-2015, 03:44 PM
Junior Ledgie

Could you tell me a bit more about your experiences in London? I had seated tickets at the O2 on the 28th and it looked quite crowded down the front, although that could be my bad eye sight! I've got a seat in Block A1, Row A for the 22nd June and I'm hoping I'll get to stage at least once to pay my respects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
It may depend on the venue, but in London there were 3 security guards manning the aisle next to me - 2 at the stage and 1 at the back - making sure that no one left their seat to go to the front. It looked like only the first 3 rows were allowed to the stage. I guess they need to keep aisles clear for security reasons, and they definitely didn't want people crowding to the front. Quite a number people did go to the front to take pictures, but were sent back almost immediately by the poor guy at the back that had the responsibility of telling people to get back to their seats. He looked exasperated by the end of the night.

So I don't know if the set up in Cologne will be any different. I was around row 18 and still had a great view. I hope you enjoy the concert, and maybe you can get to the front!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, we just got home. Security was tight tonight, only the people from the front row were allowed to go to the stage, everyone else had to stay at their places. We had front row seats, left them and stood between Christine and Stevie.

In short: Christine was a pleasure. She was lively, had fun, her playing made the concert for me, the way she guided the other musicians was great to watch, I had alot of eye contact with her. We made a sign with "Dear Christine, we missed you, we LOVE you!" and she liked it, thanked us. Christine would get an A++ from me.

Lindsey was on the other side of the stage, his guitar playing was outstanding. He was not interacting much with anyone but Christine from what I saw.

Stevies singing was very good, aside from "Sisters" which sounded totally wrong for no specific reasons. But she looked extremely tired and exhausted to me, she wanted to be somewhere else for most of the time. At the end of the concert, she seemed upset for unknown reasons. There was zero unscripted interaction between her and Lindsey.

I felt that the band was holding back a bit tonight, only Christine and Mick were giving everything.

Christine played Songbird, it was lovely.

Stevie did not give a speech at the end, only Mick came back onstage.

All in all a great concert, in 2013 I saw the best concert ever at the same place, this one was different, this was Christines evening, she made it worth it.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 06-05-2015 at 02:21 PM..
Old 06-05-2015, 02:21 AM
Ledgie

Did anyone notice, that Lindsey was playing Go insane just before he started his BIG LOVE speech? Only four notes but at least something unexpected

All in all the concert was great - I miss a little spontaneity in their performance.

Tschoe
Old 06-05-2015, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^That Go insane notes confused us, we were like HUH? Nice one. I agree about spontanity. And I really disliked some of the sound effects, especially during So Afraid and GDW, I very much prefered the "rougher" versions of the earlier tours, it at least appeared to be more spontanious when there is not an effect underlying.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Cool Over and out.

I was there and will post later on, when I'm home again.
Now off to do some shopping before I leave Cologne.

Made tons of pictures, but as always: a lot of pictures taken right in front of the stage have bad lighting.
At least taken on the phone.

Anyway: I loved it and now I'm suffering from the usual post concert depression. Sigh.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil72uk View Post
Could you tell me a bit more about your experiences in London? I had seated tickets at the O2 on the 28th and it looked quite crowded down the front, although that could be my bad eye sight! I've got a seat in Block A1, Row A for the 22nd June and I'm hoping I'll get to stage at least once to pay my respects.

You'll have no problem getting to the stage if you are in row 1. I couldn't see exactly how many rows were let up, but I'm fairly sure it was no more than 3 by the amount of people up there. It probably looked crowded from higher up, but most people in the front sections were standing in their allocated seat area (I could be wrong - but I did go near the front twice and that's what I remember) . I was really surprised that 3 guards were covering just one aisle - I had no idea there would be so much security. For the final bows and Mick's speech, I got to the front with a few others - I think the security had given up by that point.

That's amazing you have a row1 seat! The perfect spot to wave at Christine. I have a row 10 seat for the 22nd June but its right off to the side of A1 - not sure if I'll be able to get any further forward, but I'll certainly be trying
Old 06-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Ledgie

So this was my first Fleetwood Mac concert and imo it was absolutely amazing!
Their vocals were REALLY good and I loved every second of the concert.

The sound wasn't that good in the upper tier, but I didn't expect it to be different, because that's a general issue in the arena.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz5632 View Post
Did anyone notice, that Lindsey was playing Go insane just before he started his BIG LOVE speech? Only four notes but at least something unexpected
Did it look like Lindsey made a mistake or like he was teasing?

Michele
Old 06-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I'm sure he was teasing.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I think someone in the front row was screaming "GO INSANE" when it became clear that he would play an acoustic song and after he began playing it, he stopped and said someting like "No, not this one".
Old 06-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

He was definitely teasing. But the sound tech yelled 'Go Insane' a few moments before... and then some people in the crowd, so I guess he just went with it.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Ledgie

Oh ok, so that's what happened.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Junior Ledgie

Yes, the Go Insane moment was very special.

It was a great concert, my third Mac Concert and it was the best. Because of my premium seat in Row 12, Block 102. From this point of view it was different, then other people mentioned here: The whole Block was standing from The chain to Songbird, and they go insane ! People from behind running to the stage and the security was helpless. After the 5th Song they were ordered back to their seats. But this lastet only 2 Songs and after that, all the spaces between the blocks were full of people. Some people couldn t get it to the front, but they were standing at Row 5, there was a security man....

This is a real concert atmosphere ! Fantastic ! But my view from Row 12 was so good, I decided not to leave my space....standing and dancing the whole concert....great

Greetings

Christian