Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered

Default Vintage Christine & Stevie YT- 'Believe Me'

Just when I think I must have heard most of what is in the would-be vault, I hear something new. I'm sure some of you must know of this song, but I had no idea, so maybe others will be pleasantly surprised, too. It's Christine on lead, Stevie on backup, I hear no Lindsey- It's a good song, too! It's on YouTube and labeled as 'Believe Me' from the Rumours era, and it's fun. Anyone know any details about this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rkho...eature=channel
Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's from the Mystery To Me album.

Matt
Old 05-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Registered

Thank you, SD. I'm guilty of being unfamiliar with most Mac material before Stevie & Lindsey joined. It's still kind of kewl to hear Stevie on it, though, 'new to me'.
Thanks for clarifying- I thought it was an unreleased song, ignorant of me. The Ledge is so great that way, if you don't know something Mac related, someone always will and you get more informed the more you come back!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You should get Mystery To Me! I think any Rumours era fan would greatly enjoy that album. It's a great combo of ethereal and pop. Very classic Fleetwood Mac sound.

The incomparable Why is on that album:

As is the classic Hypnotized:

Seriously, ANY Fleetwood Mac fan would enjoy this album. Every single song is worth it's weight in gold. Don't let the absence of Stevie and Lindsey deter you: there are still gorgeous layered harmonies, still very high quality production and instrumentals, still that mystical sound we all know and love. John, Mick, and Christine are all there, too: so that's 60% of the Rumours band!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

Okay, I am sold and will purchase it! I do know some of the songs prior to SN&LB joining, of course the ones they sang on, on early tours.
Way, way back, I also remember liking a Christine song called "Come A Little Bit Closer" that got a lot of FM radio airplay here, I had no idea then who Fleetwood Mac were, but that song sounded like a hit to me. I don't think it ever became one, though it probably helped sell whatever album it was from!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have heard the song Why before, one of Christine's finest IMO. Was never too crazy for Hypnotized, but that's just me.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how they did songs like this on the early Rumours tour. That one listed on the youtube video is from rehearsals, and the live version from the actual tour is much better. I love how Christine starts off with "you gotta believe..." and mick comes in with those amazing drums! My other favorite part is at the end when Christine is signing "What can you say-ay-ay" and Stevie & Lindsey shout "Don't try to accuse me!" Amazing!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Just when I think I must have heard most of what is in the would-be vault, I hear something new. I'm sure some of you must know of this song, but I had no idea, so maybe others will be pleasantly surprised, too. It's Christine on lead, Stevie on backup, I hear no Lindsey- It's a good song, too! It's on YouTube and labeled as 'Believe Me' from the Rumours era, and it's fun. Anyone know any details about this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rkho...eature=channel
There are several hours' worth of soundboard audio from 1977 rehearsals with all sorts of cool songs. You might be interested in tracking it down.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I also remember liking a Christine song called "Come A Little Bit Closer" that got a lot of FM radio airplay here
That's on Heroes Are Hard To Find. Definitely start with Mystery To Me. The whole album kicks ass!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love "Believe Me" on MTM and especially on the Heroes Tour Record Plant live-in-studio recording. But if I'm being honest with myself here I have to admit that neither Lindsey's guitar work, nor Stevie's vocals helps this song one bit, which surprises me, actually, since the song has a country-ish tinge to it to begin with.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I hated that. And Believe Me is one of, if not my absolute, favourite Chris tracks

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Oh I hated that. And Believe Me is one of, if not my absolute, favourite Chris tracks
I'm sorry, BC, that the link I hastily linked in this thread ruined a favorite Christine song for you. I really liked it and thought (for about 3 minutes 'til someone informed, ummm, informed me!) that it was a long-lost unreleased 'Rumours' out-take, which it isn't. As you well know.
I do know how to research song titles, and should have done so before posting it, guess I got over-enthused. So, Her Stevieness ruined the song for you? Blame it on her wild twang, maybe? I just love me some Stevie I've never heard before on a good song, and got carried away.
I wish I could delete this thread that I shouldn't have started.

I loved SN& LB on their early Mac live versions of 'Station Man', 'Hypnotized', 'Green Manolishi' (please don't make me spell it properly!) and 'Why' so how I missed 'Believe Me'-- guess I'll definitely blame it on the bad bootleg-fairy

Last edited by Nikolaj; 05-31-2010 at 02:41 PM..
Old 05-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Noo, it wasn't Stevie, Chris or Liddy. It was just that version. I'm sure a polished and produced one performed live properly would have been awesome. I love me some Stevie/Chris harmonies

Old 05-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Love "Believe Me" on MTM and especially on the Heroes Tour Record Plant live-in-studio recording. But if I'm being honest with myself here I have to admit that neither Lindsey's guitar work, nor Stevie's vocals helps this song one bit, which surprises me, actually, since the song has a country-ish tinge to it to begin with.

Wait! Mary Tyler Moore sang 'Believe Me'???? To Rhoda? Mr. Grant?

Oh, MTM='Mystery To Me'--- never mind.
(showing some age with references to ' The Mary Tyler Moore Show' and Emily Litella from 'Saturday Night Live' that probably won't mean anything to the UK fans like ButterCookie!) Sorry, I just have to keep being stupid in this thread, it's my obligation!)
Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heeeey I know what SNL is! I just don't get to watch it... ever because UK TV seems to be oblivious to its existence. Stevie Nicks' Fajita Round Up is a personal favourite, along with the Blues Brothers and Debbie Harry's various performances

Old 05-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Nikolaj
This message has been deleted by Nikolaj. Reason: stupidity accelerating- wrong thread.