The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: which IYD song would you like to hear FM do live 2013?
For What It's Worth 6 11.11%
Wide Sargasso Sea 3 5.56%
New Orleans 1 1.85%
Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream) 6 11.11%
Soldier's Angel 13 24.07%
Everybody Loves You 3 5.56%
Ghosts Are Gone 3 5.56%
You May Be The One 16 29.63%
Italian Summer 3 5.56%
Cheaper Than Free (Feat. Dave Stewart) 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default which IYD song should FM do live 2013?

SN stated in some interview last week that they are seriously considering doing one song from each of their last solo albums - IYD and SWS. i love love love that idea and hope they follow through.

i'm creating 2 (or maybe 3?) polls, one with 10 songs from IYD and the other with 10 songs from SWS. please vote for which of the 10 you'd like to hear the most during FM live 2013 tour.

IYD poll:

there are 13 songs, so i can't put all of them since i think polls allow 10 max, let me know if you think i should add another poll with the remaining 3?

i took out SL since she's been doing it solo and people seemed underwhelmed by it - at least judging by posts i saw in SN forum? and then i don't know which other 2 to leave out so i'll just leave out the last 2.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think is a no brainer they are doing SA.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sorry i changed my mind while doing the poll - i thought i'd offer all duets as an option and so i couldn't leave the last song on the album off the poll.

so these are [somewhat random] choices for which IYD song would you like to hear FM do live 2013?

For What It's Worth
Wide Sargasso Sea
New Orleans
Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)
Soldier's Angel
Everybody Loves You
Ghosts Are Gone
You May Be The One
Italian Summer
Cheaper Than Free (Feat. Dave Stewart)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry elle, but I totally disagree with this poll....only b/c I think Stevie is blowing smoke up our ars...yes, they are "thinking about it" which translates into Stevie talking Linds into doing SA, provided he can do "one" of his songs.

Call Me negative nelly, but I would rather much hear Twisted, Go Insane, Holiday Road, Stars are Crazy, Crystal, Frozen Love, Love Runs Deeper, Thrown Down, and even When I See You Again! than anything on IYD!

*note, if they do SA, I think this will be replaced at JazzFest for NO by Stevie
Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
Sorry elle, but I totally disagree with this poll....only b/c I think Stevie is blowing smoke up our ars...yes, they are "thinking about it" which translates into Stevie talking Linds into doing SA, provided he can do "one" of his songs.

Call Me negative nelly, but I would rather much hear Twisted, Go Insane, Holiday Road, Stars are Crazy, Crystal, Frozen Love, Love Runs Deeper, Thrown Down, and even When I See You Again! than anything on IYD!

*note, if they do SA, I think this will be replaced at JazzFest for NO by Stevie
lol. but i remember you never hearing anything from SWS before i pointed you to some of the songs (that was you, right? i'm not imagining things?).

various lindseyfans were working really really hard on lindsey through all those meet and greets last year to try to get him to do some SWS songs on the upcoming Mac tour. as i said in the other thread i really don't care which song they do from IYD as long as we get one of the songs from my SWS wishlist.

i don't need to hear Go Insane (again!), when he has all these other stellar choices from his most recent album (although you did mention Stars Are Crazy which would probably be my next to last choice from SWS poll)!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's a given it will be Soldier's Angel. FYI, some of the televised performances of Secret Love were underwhelming, I think because she was still getting over pneumonia, but I quite liked the live versions I heard during the tour.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I think it's a given it will be Soldier's Angel. FYI, some of the televised performances of Secret Love were underwhelming, I think because she was still getting over pneumonia, but I quite liked the live versions I heard during the tour.
i agree that's probably what will happen (SA). but i'm interested to hear people's choices here, not what's SN's choice!

cool that you liked SL on tour, i didn't hear any of the live versions, tv or tour, so i personally really have nothing to judge it by.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol. but i remember you never hearing anything from SWS before i pointed you to some of the songs
(although you did mention Stars Are Crazy which would probably be my next to last choice from SWS poll)!
Yes, and yes. I did hear Stars are Crazy prior to that post, but you are correct. I think pretty much anything from SWS would fit perfectly with the Mac setlist. There are few Stevie-ish IYD songs that would work well, imo.

I'm not crazy about SN controlling the list "tit for tat", when she has so many other Mac and solo songs that would be better performed with LB/Mac. Oy vey.

I understand her reason behind SA and the message is a good one...but save it for Rod Stewart next year, plz.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, and yes. I did hear Stars are Crazy prior to that post, but you are correct. I think pretty much anything from SWS would fit perfectly with the Mac setlist. There are few Stevie-ish IYD songs that would work well, imo.

I'm not crazy about SN controlling the list "tit for tat", when she has so many other Mac and solo songs that would be better performed with LB/Mac. Oy vey.

I understand her reason behind SA and the message is a good one...but save it for Rod Stewart next year, plz.
yeah SA would not be my choice either. isn't Ghosts Are Gone more rocking? that might be a suitable replacement for Stand Back maybe?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't vote - hate them all! Terrible album!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Can't vote - hate them all! Terrible album!
lol Viv.

but think about the monkey dance or kangaroo jumping - we wouldn't have any of these if LB wasn't bored during Stand Back! so we need some suitable replacement for that song

Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the Mac-iest IYD song is Annabel Lee, but that didn't make the poll. I guess my choice would be You May Be The One. It's a really powerful track, actually one of my faves from the album, and I think it would result in a really cool Stevie-Lindsey dynamic.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol Viv.

but think about the monkey dance or kangaroo jumping - we wouldn't have any of these if LB wasn't bored during Stand Back! so we need some suitable replacement for that song
Just stick to Stand Back then so we can have all that Lindsey sexiness again!

But we should still get a SWS song - need a quality song from a quality album!

Or even better - no songs from IYD, but TWO from SWS!

*ready for the backlash* lol
Old 02-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah SA would not be my choice either. isn't Ghosts Are Gone more rocking? that might be a suitable replacement for Stand Back maybe?
you just broke my everything....

GAG is Great live....mb a replacement for Fall from Grace, but no replacement for SB

Let all us FM fans live with it, it has been a staple since LB walked out in 87. I'm sure Mick and Stevie couldn't agree more
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you just broke my everything....

GAG is Great live....mb a replacement for Fall from Grace, but no replacement for SB

Let all us FM fans live with it, it has been a staple since LB walked out in 87. I'm sure Mick and Stevie couldn't agree more
oh so you think they'll do TWO solo songs each? i don't know they can find the space if they are doing only 24 songs...

(i don''t think we'll hear Go Insane on this tour, and i'm ok with that. i can always hear it from Lindsey solo. and we know how both GI and SB sound with the Mac - why repeat what we've heard before? )

Closed Thread