The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey fans listen up. The Eels new one is for you!

Howdy folks. Last week I picked up the new Eels album "Blinking Lights" but hadn't gotten to it because I was still digesting Bruce's new one along with new Ryan Adams and new Ben Folds.
A few days later I picked up The New York Times from days earlier and saw that in a review of the Eels album, they compared his musicianship to Brian Wilson and Lindsey Buckingham.
And I'm hear to tell you that they are right. It's a fantastic double album - and a lot of it reminds me of Lindsey's solo stuff. Very original, very fun, and very tuneful. Check it out.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown
Howdy folks. Last week I picked up the new Eels album "Blinking Lights" but hadn't gotten to it because I was still digesting Bruce's new one along with new Ryan Adams and new Ben Folds.
A few days later I picked up The New York Times from days earlier and saw that in a review of the Eels album, they compared his musicianship to Brian Wilson and Lindsey Buckingham.
And I'm hear to tell you that they are right. It's a fantastic double album - and a lot of it reminds me of Lindsey's solo stuff. Very original, very fun, and very tuneful. Check it out.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know he had a new one out.
I saw the title of the thread and I immediately thought : That's a Carnevacronic.
Hell I miss him over here. So in his "soul": let's all head out for the new Eels, or better: ANY Eels, because for me E. had always something Buckinghamic.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I didn't know there was a new one, thanks. I never would have thought to compare the two. A lot of Daisies Of The Galaxy sounded very similar (to itself) and usually that's enough to write off an album but he definately has something because I love it all the same. I see that Peter Buck makes an appearance on this one too. Thanks for the info.
Tom Waits makes an appearance too, I believe!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

.....So where's Lindsey?

Old 05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's not on the album. I was just pointing out the The New York Times compared the feel of the music to Lindsey and Brian Wilson.
And they're right - it's a big album with lots of music - reminds me of Law and Order and Tusk. Beautiful. Funny. Sad. Tuneful.
The first great summer album.