User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Her whole existence now is to rub it in their faces. Especially, since Christine is gone. May Thee Queen Rest in Peace.
god I HATE her. That is her whole existence.

May karma take her, next.
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
god I HATE her. That is her whole existence.

May karma take her, next.
It's so clear why Christine left. At least a big part of it. In addition to dealing with her own issues, her only outlet was those two morons.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; Yesterday at 05:27 PM..
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You say that as if she didn’t have plans for 2014 that suddenly had to be changed. She likely had that album and a tour planned for 2014. She put her tour on hold when she didn’t need to. She could have made the band wait two years and there wouldn’t have been a damn thing the others could have done about it.

Lindsey Buckingham, need to quit acting like it’s an equal partnership. Stevie almost solely carries the commercial weight of Fleetwood Mac on her shoulders.
Passion project my a** LOL....more like "Oh no, this tour is going to be all about Christine, WHAT ABOUT ME!?"

I'm not saying she didn't have plans for 2014 that suddenly had to be changed. I'm saying I don't buy for a minute that Warner/Reprise came to her and said "We know things changed and you have a Fleetwood Mac tour coming up, but you still owe us a record by 12/31 and that's non negotiable" That album, the tour, it was nothing but a middle finger to the band because she didn't want to do another Fleetwood Mac tour, even if it was with Christine. The only way to make it work for Stevie was to make it about Stevie.

Imagine Stevie AND Christine on the cover of Rolling Stone together. What a concept. That surely didn't happen, did it? Since Christine was her best friend in the whole world after all, it just seems like the gracious thing to do...

And really, the whole band needed to quit putting up the charade that it's an equal, democratic partnership. The whole band is captured on national television practically cringing as Stevie declaired "She's not the boss of this band" that was a joke and they all knew it.

Last edited by BigAl84; Yesterday at 03:22 PM..
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Passion project my a**
Where was that even remotely suggested? Stevie has all but said it was a contractual obligation album.

Quote:
I'm not saying she didn't have plans for 2014 that suddenly had to be changed. I'm saying I don't buy for a minute that Warner/Reprise came to her and said "We know things changed and you have a Fleetwood Mac tour coming up, but you still owe us a record by 12/31 and that's non negotiable" That album, the tour, it was nothing but a middle finger to the band because she didn't want to do another Fleetwood Mac tour, even if it was with Christine. The only way to make it work for Stevie was to make it about Stevie.
The timing wasn’t because of the label. Her AHS episode aired on January 8, 2014, which gave Stevie Nicks a sudden surge in popularity. Since she owed the label an album, but wasn’t going to be able to do another solo tour until 2016 at the earliest, she decided to make a quick album of leaked demos to capitalize on that surge as a substitute for an immediate solo tour, and 24KG was thus recorded between April 20-May 5, 2014.

The middle finger would have been telling the band she’d get back with them in two years.

And, she was completely open about not wanting to make a Fleetwood Mac album. Yes, she made 24KG, but those were old songs that were completely worked out. The point being she hasn’t made any album of new material -Fleetwood Mac or solo- since IYD. She is and was in a worse place than when they made TITN. How would Stevie unenthusiastically writing forced songs have benefited what became LBCM? It would have been like TITN, only worse.

Quote:
“Imagine Stevie AND Christine on the cover of Rolling Stone together. What a concept. That surely didn't happen, did it? Since Christine was her best friend in the whole world after all, it just seems like the gracious thing to do...
OTOH, which member of the band took time to talk to the interviewer?

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; Yesterday at 04:32 PM..
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whatever sells. And at the moment, only she can fill arenas. I mean, her fans complain they don't get anything new. But, why would she?
The fans that have been with her for decades don't get considered. I don't subscribe to that peer pressure that I should be grateful to see her at age 76 singing the same songs she always has because there aren't many years of concerts left. So many artists either still tour their new albums (The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen) or markedly refresh their setlists (Janet Jackson, Madonna) for their dedicated fans. That was Stevie for 98, 01, 11-12, and somewhat 2016 even though that setlist to me was even more of a disappointment than those once in a lifetime Caesars Palace shows
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM

Quote:

How would Stevie unenthusiastically writing forced songs have benefited what became LBCM? It would have been like TITN, only worse.
Should I write about Tara, or Sara, let's ask the spirit catcher? Hmmmm

Last edited by jbrownsjr; Yesterday at 05:24 PM..
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If anything that was her spike in fame with a new generation from AHS and celebrity ass kissers like Harry Styles, not that dumb record.

And, yeah, on the one hand, that interview was kind of a BS thing to do. On the other, that’s free publicity that trickles down to the band. If Stevie is the reason they play arenas, then why shouldn’t she do whatever she can to capitalize on that spike in her popularity?

You say that as if she didn’t have plans for 2014 that suddenly had to be changed. She likely had that album and a tour planned for 2014. She put her tour on hold when she didn’t need to. She could have made the band wait two years and there wouldn’t have been a damn thing the others could have done about it.

If there’s any detail being left out it’s that she needed to get a little distance from Lindsey. Two tours in a row and getting pressure to do something she didn’t want to do was a bit much for her. She wasn’t getting her two or three years away from the band this time.

Regardless of my opinions of Stevie, she’s the one who was infantilized (I won’t join without her, Christine has to like her), she’s the one with the most demands of her time, and she’s the reason they play arenas. People, especially Lindsey Buckingham, need to quit acting like it’s an equal partnership. Stevie almost solely carries the commercial weight of Fleetwood Mac on her shoulders.
She is the big draw TODAY, yes. However The core of her popularity is songs from the first couple FM albums which would NOT have EVER been hits and audience favorites no matter how much she did her veil dances if they had gone out to the world without Lindsey's production of them. So.... yes, people are going to watch her swirl onstage in bigger numbers than for others in the band, but the songs she's swirling to, which were the basis for anyone wanting to go see them live in the first place, are the result of people other than her applying their talents to her piano plonking... first among them, Lindsey, who had to translate them into something comprehensible for Christine and others. So.... do people *think* they are going to see her and her twirling, yes... but the songs they know and sing along to while she twirls have Lindsey's fingerprints, and all the rest of the band, all over them. Without having made those songs hits on the radio in the 70s, no one would be paying big money to watch her twirl... because without those hits no one would know who she was/is and she would never have had a big solo career either.
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Should I write about Tara, or Sara, let's ask the spirit catcher? Hmmmm

Should I write about a dream of MARTIN LUTHER KING or an old pep talk from Tom Petty that I can dedicate to Christine and then send Lindsey a get well soon hallmark card

He Will Burn You Down
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She is the big draw TODAY, yes.
Which is all that matters as far as the band’s current business affairs are concerned.

Quote:
However The core of her popularity is songs from the first couple FM albums which would NOT have EVER been hits and audience favorites no matter how much she did her veil dances if they had gone out to the world without Lindsey's production of them.
Total red herring.

Using that logic, Fleetwood Mac should have continued working with Keith Olsen. He scouted Fritz, encouraged Stevie and Lindsey to ditch that band, write their own songs, and move to Los Angeles, played them to Mick Fleetwood, begged them to join Fleetwood Mac, and produced the first album of that lineup, which eventually topped the charts and produced three Top 20 hits as well as five concert staples. Their success wouldn’t have happened without him.

And, then there’s Ken Caillat and especially Richard Dashut. LOTS of amazing music made with those guys, too.

I could go on.

Bottom line, Mick and John were opening acts or part of oldies packaged tours without Stevie while Lindsey and Christine played to 2500-3000 people without Stevie. Even if Mick, John, Christine, and Lindsey played on as Fleetwood Mac without Stevie, what kind of venues do you think they would have played?

Stevie had an uptick in her popularity and was completely within her right to capitalize on it as much as she could.

THE Stephen Hopkins