User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
If she would not make such idiotic comments no one would care and it would be a one page thread.
Imagine if Lindsey said something like "I don't think Stevie could do long tours anymore. She's been in multiple rehabs and her voice is quite shabby lately."

You dont think those comments would generate 131 comments?
Of course it would. Stop defending the indefensible
I mean, his comments about her being jealous that he got married and had children didn’t generate that kind of outrage on here.

Be honest, Lindsey gets a pass on this site.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I mean, his comments about her being jealous that he got married and had children didn’t generate that kind of outrage on here.

Be honest, Lindsey gets a pass on this site.
You are going way back. Terminations and there are deceased band members now.

Both of them go round and round. I don't think she meant to dis Lindsey at all. It was not her intent. Her intent in that interview was to deflect about working with Lindsey again. Gee, have much guilt that she completely ignores what she did and comes up with some made up excuse. Its fine she does not want to work with him again. For God's sake just say it. Stevie needs to stop making stuff up to rationalize her guilt. These comments by her are just idiotic. This is not in the same realm of Stevie and Lindsey taking shots at each other.
You are smarter than that Steve.
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are going way back. Terminations and there are deceased band members now.
Please, since the firing, anything Stevie has done or said has been met with hysterics on this board.

She wishes Lindsey well and offers words of encouragement after his heart attack (in her own way), HoW dArE sHe?!?

She has a tribute to Christine on “Landslide,” HoW dArE sHe?!?

She has Sheryl sing with her during said tribute, HoW dArE sHe?!? I mean, Sheryl played Songbird on the Grammy’s broadcast and SYLM at a Grammy party. She obviously held Christine in high regard. Sheryl and Christine might have been good friends if not for Christine being semi-retired when Sheryl hit the scene. But, no, sTeViE tRiEd To rEpLaCe (the very retired) ChRiStInE wItH sHeRyL!!! As if that was Stevie’s first choice.

Quote:
Her intent in that interview was to deflect about working with Lindsey again.
Okay, but Lindsey was fired. Why would he be required for the band to perform again? It’s really odd that Neil, Mike, and Stevie have all brought up Lindsey in recent interviews. That’s why I’m frustrated with them. Whenever they say it won’t happen, they say and do something that makes me think otherwise.

Also, why has nobody mentioned John? Without going into any personal details, they could simply say he’s retired and the band won’t play on without him. Christine’s gone, John’s retired, and there’s no band without a Mac. End of discussion.

But they don’t do that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old Today, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Please, since the firing, anything Stevie has done or said has been met with hysterics on this board.

She wishes Lindsey well and offers words of encouragement after his heart attack (in her own way), HoW dArE sHe?!?

She has a tribute to Christine on “Landslide,” HoW dArE sHe?!?

She has Sheryl sing with her during said tribute, HoW dArE sHe?!? I mean, Sheryl played Songbird on the Grammy’s broadcast and SYLM at a Grammy party. She obviously held Christine in high regard. Sheryl and Christine might have been good friends if not for Christine being semi-retired when Sheryl hit the scene. But, no, sTeViE tRiEd To rEpLaCe (the very retired) ChRiStInE wItH sHeRyL!!! As if that was Stevie’s first choice.

Okay, but Lindsey was fired. Why would he be required for the band to perform again? It’s really odd that Neil, Mike, and Stevie have all brought up Lindsey in recent interviews. That’s why I’m frustrated with them. Whenever they say it won’t happen, they say and do something that makes me think otherwise.

Also, why has nobody mentioned John? Without going into any personal details, they could simply say he’s retired and the band won’t play on without him. Christine’s gone, John’s retired, and there’s no band without a Mac. End of discussion.

But they don’t do that.
Some of the posts are overkill but most of the threads have validations with her ego. Dedicating Landslide to Chris is touching. But she makes all tributes about herself. She lives in another world. Its like when Hawaii burned to the ground and people died. She tried to connect and relate to the victims because her niece was going to college there and had to evacuate. Her intent was not to dis the people of Hawaii but her arrogance wrote this bizarre statement that got flamed in media circles and not just this board. She can say she will never work with Lindsey again or she can leave the door open. However she should not get a pass on a ridiculous rationale that she has no details about. She is so self absorbed that she did not know nor care that Lindsey did a world tour post surgery. She is full of it. You could go on forever but remember the reason she gave for not recording with Fleetwood Mac? Albums don't sell. Yet she went and released a half hearted solo album of re-recorded demos. Why she wants to keep lying is beyond me but I am tired of it.
You are smarter than this Steve.

Last edited by Macfan4life; Today at 08:32 AM..
Old Today, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If she would not make such idiotic comments no one would care and it would be a one page thread.
Imagine if Lindsey said something like "I don't think Stevie could do long tours anymore. She's been in multiple rehabs and her voice is quite shabby lately."

You dont think those comments would generate 131 comments?
Of course it would. Stop defending the indefensible
I'm not defending her at all. I am as upset and disappointed in her as many of you are. I'm just following my Oscar Wilde motto that I have already mentioned before. “There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

In this case I use that phrase as worse for her! So IMHO when social media talks a lot about someone, even if it's harsh criticism, insults, whatever, etc., they do them a favor. They keep them in the map.

I'm convinced if we all ignore her (not only within the Ledge, I mean ALL), she would go desperately mad. It's obvious that trying to organize the entire world to do that is a... bit difficult. But wouldn't that be great?

But that's me.
Old Today, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But they don’t do that.
LOL...Steve you know the answer to this. Talking about John when you could be talking about Lindsey!!? That's pishposh poppycock. Whenever there is even a remote opportunity to make this about Lindsey vs. Stevie, they always do. Saying Fleetwood Mac is done because John has chosen to retire, that doesn't sell magazines. That doesn't feed the decades long tradition of Stevie and Lindsey drama. That won't reverberate through the press as this Mojo article already has.

This entire Mojo interview was cooked up by Stevie's camp to keep interest going, keep the tickets selling. Even the whole "I can do whatever I want now that I don't have to worry about Fleetwood Mac" isn't really new. It's just a variation of the same headlines her PR folks have been feeding to the press for 10+ years i.e "I'm the heroine choosing to put my solo career on hold for this Fleetwood Mac tour"

She's already admitted to the press after the 2009 tour that she wasn't happy with that tour because it lacked drama. That tells us everything we need to know.

Last edited by BigAl84; Today at 09:18 AM..
Old Today, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You could go on forever but remember the reason she gave for not recording with Fleetwood Mac? Albums don't sell. Yet she went and released a half hearted solo album of re-recorded demos.
She contractually owed the label an album. I doubt she was excited about it and, as you said, she made a very low effort album to accomplish it. Since IYD, she did an album of leaked demos, released a live album, and released a couple of songs, including a cover, all of it forgettable. The well dried up a long time ago. Whatever new project she’s working on will be a lot of forced and forgettable.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old Today, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
LOL...Steve you know the answer to this. Talking about John when you could be talking about Lindsey!!? That's pishposh poppycock. Whenever there is even a remote opportunity to make this about Lindsey vs. Stevie, they always do. Saying Fleetwood Mac is done because John has chosen to retire, that doesn't sell magazines. That doesn't feed the decades long tradition of Stevie and Lindsey drama. That won't reverberate through the press as this Mojo article already has.

This entire Mojo interview was cooked up by Stevie's camp to keep interest going, keep the tickets selling.
Okay, but why did Neil and Mike bring up the Stevie-Lindsey dynamic and not John’s presumed retirement?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old Today, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, but why did Neil and Mike bring up the Stevie-Lindsey dynamic and not John’s presumed retirement?
I mean...their whole existence with Fleetwood Mac is solely because of Lindsey and Stevie. It's possible that things were also said or overheard while on tour. Also, John isn't going to run around to the press declaring his retirement. Stevie and her camp definitely have the loudest voice in the room.
Old Today, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She contractually owed the label an album. I doubt she was excited about it and, as you said, she made a very low effort album to accomplish it. Since IYD, she did an album of leaked demos, released a live album, and released a couple of songs, including a cover, all of it forgettable. The well dried up a long time ago. Whatever new project she’s working on will be a lot of forced and forgettable.
If you choose to believe that it was a contractual obligation. That project came out of nowhere, but conveniently served as the catalyst to make sure she was on the cover of Rolling Stone as Fleetwood Mac launched their tour. Again, it also conveniently provided a dramatic "poor me, I HAD to complete this album in two weeks" storyline blah blah blah.

You mean to tell me Stevie's camp and Warner's waited until the last minute to realize the timing of her contractual obligations? Yeah, right. Her lawyers didn't know this had been on the books for several years? I don't buy any of it.

24K Gold was a contrived power move so the 2014 Fleetwood Mac tour wouldn't be all about Christine's return. You would have a hard time convincing me the folks at Warner's were holding her feet to the fire. It may have been contractual, but they would have been fine waiting until after the tour. There's a little detail that Stevie is conveniently leaving out, IMO.

Last edited by BigAl84; Today at 09:32 AM..
Old Today, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you choose to believe that it was a contractual obligation. That project came out of nowhere, but conveniently served as the catalyst to make sure she was on the cover of Rolling Stone as Fleetwood Mac launched their tour.
If anything that was her spike in fame with a new generation from AHS and celebrity ass kissers like Harry Styles, not that dumb record.

And, yeah, on the one hand, that interview was kind of a BS thing to do. On the other, that’s free publicity that trickles down to the band. If Stevie is the reason they play arenas, then why shouldn’t she do whatever she can to capitalize on that spike in her popularity?

Quote:
You mean to tell me Stevie's camp and Warner's until the last minute to realize the timing of her contractual obligations? Yeah, right. Her lawyers didn't know this had been on the books for several years? I don't buy any of it.
You say that as if she didn’t have plans for 2014 that suddenly had to be changed. She likely had that album and a tour planned for 2014. She put her tour on hold when she didn’t need to. She could have made the band wait two years and there wouldn’t have been a damn thing the others could have done about it.

If there’s any detail being left out it’s that she needed to get a little distance from Lindsey. Two tours in a row and getting pressure to do something she didn’t want to do was a bit much for her. She wasn’t getting her two or three years away from the band this time.

Regardless of my opinions of Stevie, she’s the one who was infantilized (I won’t join without her, Christine has to like her), she’s the one with the most demands of her time, and she’s the reason they play arenas. People, especially Lindsey Buckingham, need to quit acting like it’s an equal partnership. Stevie almost solely carries the commercial weight of Fleetwood Mac on her shoulders.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old Today, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you choose to believe that it was a contractual obligation. That project came out of nowhere, but conveniently served as the catalyst to make sure she was on the cover of Rolling Stone as Fleetwood Mac launched their tour. Again, it also conveniently provided a dramatic "poor me, I HAD to complete this album in two weeks" storyline blah blah blah.

You mean to tell me Stevie's camp and Warner's waited until the last minute to realize the timing of her contractual obligations? Yeah, right. Her lawyers didn't know this had been on the books for several years? I don't buy any of it.

24K Gold was a contrived power move so the 2014 Fleetwood Mac tour wouldn't be all about Christine's return. You would have a hard time convincing me the folks at Warner's were holding her feet to the fire. It may have been contractual, but they would have been fine waiting until after the tour. There's a little detail that Stevie is conveniently leaving out, IMO.
She did not have a deadline to get an album to Reprise. It was a passion project for her to release demos recorded professionally. But she used it as her way out of recording with Christine, John, Mick and Lindsey when it was internationally announced that those four were in Los Angeles working on and recording new music together. And that album charted lower than IYD with her American Horror Story, Harry Styles, and Glee publicity.