View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I agree! Everybody is getting their panties in a knot about this or that based upon a little blurb this interviewer got from Mick back on January 11th. If anyone was being honest with themselves, they'd presume that Fleetwood Mac's "pushing boundaries" days are over! SYW nailed that coffin. Christine's return alone all but signals the classic sound will likely be intact.
You're probably right. Though like I pointed out in my previous post, each of the songwriters still made departures & statements with their last solo albums, so why not with Fleetwood Mac?

Quote:
Besides, This is not really an official annoucement from the whole band. I suspect things are still being worked out behind the scenes, more specifically, do they have a record deal? Where are they recording at? Personally, I'll be waiting for a more official PR annoucement before jumping to any conclusions about where & when Stevie will joing the band.
That's why I didn't initially respond to this thread. I have no doubt Mick is telling the truth. But it doesn't seem like anything is set in stone yet, either. There is still a chance the house of cards may collapse.

The logistics are the biggest head scratcher for me as well. Where will they record? LA, Hawaii, or England? LA seems the most likely. But where will Mick, John, and Christine stay while in town? I don't know that any of them own homes there, anymore. I suppose Mick & Chris could bunk at Stevie's mansion while she hangs out in her condo.

I have a feeling the reason we've not heard anything terribly official is because they're probably making their rounds to find a record deal/acceptable deal, too. I'm sure they'll land back at Warner/Reprise, but I sure as hell wish they wouldn't.

Quote:
For goodness sakes, they haven't officially even annouced Johns full recovery yet.
Do they even tell people they're cured of cancer anymore? I have several relatives who have been dealing with cancer the past few years. Even when my partner's Dad's cancer didn't show up anymore on xrays, his doctors refused to use any words like recovery, remission, cured, etc. I guess maybe medical lawsuits have dictated this change.