View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Why would personal assistants feel the need to keep from passing those ideas on? I can see them serving as a screen if "the talent" didn't want to speak directly with "the crew" but if I were Karen I would be afraid to keep things from Stevie, especially business propositions about which I wasn't particularly savvy. What if Stevie later discovered she missed out on what she thought was a fantastic opportunity because someone in her cadre decided she didn't need to know?
Oddly enough, I may have to side with Karen on this as a general rule. People who are assistants get a lot of suggestions and propositions. I know I've gotten a lot for GbV, and they're an indie band. I can't imagine what somebody like Stevie or Fleetwood Mac get. While I may personally think the suggestion or proposal is an amazing opportunity, I know that the ultimate answer is usually going to be "no". Many artists just don't care about (re)releasing old things. They may personally enjoy watching the old footage themselves, and may even understand the demand, but ultimately don't want to deal with all the hassles that go along with it.