View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I would say you're correct if it's Stevie solo pre-2016. After On With the Show, Stevie did not need Fleetwood Mac. She was booked in arenas for her 24 Karat Gold Tour because of the momentum from the On With the Show Tour, 2 major appearances on American Horror Story, two 2014 Tonight Show appearances, 2 major tv appearances with Lady Antebellum, Adele and Florence Welch sharing backstage Instagram photos with her, and her friendship with Harry Styles becoming public. The Pretenders brought in ticketbuyers too for the 24 Karat Gold Tour, like Neil Finn did for FM, but mostly Stevie filled the seats.

Stevie just sold out 27 dates of 10,000 - 23,000 capacity amphitheaters. Played for festivals that may've had 100,000 attending (Jazzfest and Bonnaroo)

I'm wondering now if the name Stevie Nicks is bigger than Fleetwood Mac.
She'll be playing football stadiums next year. Sales may be better with Stevie playing the stadiums than if it were FM.
Again, though, she partners with other artists. In 2016-17, she toured with The Pretenders. When they weren’t on the bill, Stevie played much smaller venues. The stadium tour is with Billy Joel, who appears to be getting top billing. Fleetwood Mac since 1997 plays arenas and large amphitheaters without another artist on the bill. Stevie doesn’t have that on her own.

Quote:
If Lindsey came back would it actually sell more tickets than if it were FM with Mike and Neil? Maybe if they marketed it like a once in a lifetime event. But Lindsey now is playing venues that are 1,000-2,000 tops and they're not all sell outs or multiple nights at a venue.
I honestly don’t know. Crowded House plays larger venues and Mike will forever be Tom Petty’s musical partner. They’d move tickets. However, Lindsey returning now would be more profound in light of Christine’s passing.

THE Stephen Hopkins