View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I sympathize with him on that, but if I’m being honest, Stevie may have a point about his production style. It is fairly sui generis and not necessarily appropriate for her songs. I’ve listened to some of the demos, and I can see where she would want something more simple and straight forward. “Silver Girl” is a good example. It didn’t need to be that produced. However, she should have been more involved with that album if she wanted something different for her songs.
I agree. I've always thought her displeasure with some of SYW songs had a big part in her not wanting to get back in the studio with him as producer. I myself even wondered that the BuckVie album would be a lot like Say You Will (which personally I think is fine as an album, not remarkable or anything, just some songs are overproduced) so I was very pleasantly surprised it. I think he reeled it in a little bit and Christine likely made it clear what she wanted so the album turned out great if you ask me. Better than Say You Will, reminds me a lot of Mirage.
I think had Stevie given him the chance, he could've done nice things on her songs but she would not budge.