View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This whole thing is a big, big mess. It's all sad for everyone. Some points....

A feeding tube for someone who can't swallow is just as much life support as a ventilator is for someone who can't breathe on their own power. Ventilators are shut down on people all the time- why is the feeding tube any different? All this publicity would never occur if the situation were mirrored with the person being on a ventilator for life support. It wouldn't even make the local paper.

Tom piece-of-**** DeLay stated that Terry had "missed two meals already". What is that ****ing about??? She doesn't have "meals". She can't "eat".

No matter what the husband has done in the past with regard to his character (I'm not aware of all the stuff that may or may not have gone on)- he has to live with the fact that his wife- someone that I'm sure he loved- is sitting there in this half-life world.

People make too much of death these days. Remember, all six billion people on this earth will all be dead and gone in about 120 years. I think that quality of life is a much more important factor than just life itself.

And the parents?? I think it's sad that they will have to bury their own daughter before they die, but I believe that their daughter died fifteen years ago.