View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome to the Ledge Arcana,

The November 11 '69 show is said to have been recorded in Helsinki and regardless of it's origin, is a must have for fans of the band -

A very good audience recording, it opens with three great performances: a slightly slower than usual version of 'Homework' - one of the few on which Spencer's piano work can be heard and appreciated -

The (currently) only available concert performance of 'Man of the World' and then one of the best performances of Kirwan's 'Like It This Way'

Spencer turns in an excellent performance on 'Stranger Blues' and the encore performance of 'Great Balls of Fire' puts the one heard on "Shrine '69" to shame

Green also turns in a very strong version of 'All Over Again' (aka 'Got a Mind to Give Up Living') on the set

Zoork 1,

As I am unable to access the show(s) on DIME I cannot comment on the show said to be from March 31 '69 -

I am unaware of any show in circulation from that date - my guess is that it another show currently in circulation with a different date - the band was touring Scandinavia at the time and many shows were recorded so it is possible that it is a "new" show - if you could provide a set list, we could see if this is an existing show or a "new" one -

here's hoping it is a something previously unavailable as the band was beginning to peak during this period -

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder