View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Michele
If word of this gets out to the former members of FM, no doubt a lot of hard feelings will be formed. Billy has been a friend of Mick's for a LONG time...he was in Mick's band The Zoo for YEARS before joining FM, so for him to discount his being in the band for nearly 10 years would be in really poor taste.
I think many of us agree with you, Michele. It makes me squirm uncomfortably to think that Billy might hear that he's been in effect blotted out of Fleetwood Mac's history. That's absolutely horrible. He isn't my favorite FM member of all time, but the guy helped save the band's ass for that first tour after Buckingham left, & he played with them for years. How can you treat your friends that way? When I think of how Billy always stood up for Fleetwood Mac & spoke of them in hushed, awed tones, & how he always said he was a huge fan of Lindsey Buckingham blah blah blah & how he thought Stevie Nicks was so great blah blah blah & how he spoke so lovingly of Christine blah blah blah ... give the poor guy the satisfaction of reminding the world that he was in the group, too.

Billy was always very good to the Mac, but it seems they didn't exactly return the goodwill.