View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I could see that point of view. But I don't know how much I would want to watch anymore, I guess. I suspected that the LB/SN dynamic was pretty bad from at least SYW now, so I wasn't taken in by the lovey-dovey banter and play-acting on some of the tours between then and now. It was at least plausible that it had some truth to it.

But now, watching that kind of thing now would make my stomach turn, really and truly. And watching him ham it up with Chris or Mick or John, given how they didn't reach out to him after his heart attack. It's a bit of live by the sword, die by the sword -- they made a lot of money and got a lot of fame based on the interpersonal chemistry and relationships, and now seeing how barren those relationships really are, it's hard to want to watch them fake their way through another tour just to make money. And I don't think I could be convinced it was genuine this time. And I don't think they/Stevie can help themselves -- there's just no way they would do a show where it was all business, like The Eagles.

The music is truly timeless (well, most of it), but seeing the sideshow may have run its course for me. Of course, ask me again when tickets go on sale and I'm wondering if I could just go and only look at Lindsey.
We could get some horse blinders, and block old $tevie out.

I've always dreamed of going to a show wearing a "$tevie sucks" shirt or something. I'm sure her rabid fans would eat me alive.