View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Perhaps you can let me know some great solo Lindsey songs from recent years. The songs I've heard are interesting with some beautifully intricate guitar work, but they aren't great songs to me.

Neil Finn recently gave a lecture at Yale on songwriting and he discussed why great guitar players often struggle as songwriters.
If you spent less time watching Neil Finn lecture on why people other than him are not as good at songwriting, and more time listening to Lindsey Buckingham's solo catalog (which is not that extensive), you would have heard all of the latter's solo songs by now. And if after a few listens you still don't think many or any of them are "great," that's your prerogative. The one thing I'm not inclined to do is to attempt arguing my own views on the matter here on Lindsey's Rumours forum with Neil Finn as a constant reference point (explicit or implicit).

I encourage you to start a thread over on the Lindsey solo forum if you'd like to poll people's favorite tracks from his latter years.