View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just saw their Instagram posts confirming they plan to “five to seven shows.” Joel will keep performing solo in-and-around their double-bill shows.

I saw her at the Xfinity Center (aka Great Woods) Sept. 19, and the set was a crowd-pleaser, but for a crowd 50-70,000 strong - not all diehard fans-, she will need to juice up her set. Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, Rhiannon, Landslide, Gypsy, Edge, Stop Draggin', Stand Back, If Anyone Falls are sure things.

Soldier's Angel has to go. Same for Enchanted, even though I know it's one of the songs that rests easily in her vocal comfort zone. When I saw her, she had cut Soldier & Moonlight, because there was an impending lightning storm and she actually started the show early.

Shows that followed, cut Rock & Roll, Moonlight and re-added Soldier. For What It's Worth will probably stay in the set, but at least it's a very familiar song. Still, as someone who has seen her live about 25-30 times, I don't want cover songs. At Great Woods, there were 3 covers in a 16-song set. FWIW, Rock & Roll, and Free Fallin'. FF has grown tiresome for me.

She should really re-examine Talk to Me, Leather & Lace, Sara, Seven Wonders & After the Glitter. I know I Can't Wait isn't going to ever happen again, but I loved it on the RAL tour.

Her duet with Joel could be "Needles & Pins," which was a Billboard Top 40 hit (peaked at #37 on the Hot 100) for her & Tom P. in early 1986. I still have the 45. I know, not likely.