View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 03:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

I get very annoyed and disheartened when seeing people apparently blaming Stevie for some of Lindsey's behaviour and the times he most definitely crossed the line as a band member (which has been well documented by various people who are not all team Stevie) - like 'she drove him to it'. Yes I know Stevie has her ego and impetuousness etc but that's no countenance, nor is it okay because particular person is supposed to be a 'musical genius'.

Everything that's been said about Stevie to date could also be applied to Lindsey. So I'm not into blame game.

There are people who say Lindsey's more disturbing behaviour is all in the past, he's mellowed, etc. We might just be seeing one side. The descriptions of him during Rumours and Tusk are almost as if a 'split personality'. Going from charming and agreeable to negative and very testy in an instant. I think he'd still have a tendency to be egotistical, controlling, impatient and difficult to deal with at times.

Over the years it seems Christine has often acted as calming influence and diplomat between parties, but she can't handle all of it and it doesn't fix underlying issues.

I love LB's brilliance as a guitarist and what he contributed. I'm sorry they couldn't work things out so he could continue with the group. It's a shame if he still can't get past his insecurities. (Egotistical people can still have serious insecurities. In fact there may often be a connection.) I believe that Mick may also have had his own difference of opinion with Lindsey. But probably no side entirely to blame on this one. To pin it all on Stevie I think is unfair and yes - shades of misogyny.

I'm not saying all this just to 'hate on' LB. My favourite FM albums are still the ones with Buckingham Nicks but I am aware they had interesting history before that and Buckingham isn't everything about this group.

I still have a few misgivings but willing to give the new lineup a chance.

Last edited by Missy; 05-25-2018 at 04:01 AM..