View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Are you guys aware the 12 inch remix of Family Man was released long after LB had left FM for good? Stevie sang on the remix.
I didn't remember that, thanks, Viv. But it's my understanding that all the tracks you would hear on a remix like that were laid down on some reel somewhere during the album recording sessions. Can anyone confirm? When Jellybean Benitez or someone else comes along and creates a club or dance remix, he doesn't bring members of the band back in to record anything new. He gets hold of the masters and recombines them (at most, he adds a rhythm track to make it suitable for clubs). Stevie's vocals that we hear on a remix were more than likely recorded at Lindsey's helm, just not used by him for the album.

That would be true, I would think, for Stevie's dance and club remixes of Stand Back and Planets of the Universe and Long Way to Go. We hear her singing stuff that we don't hear on the album cuts. But those are parts she originally did sing—but the producer or engineer faded before she got there or took it out of the final mix.

moviekinks.blogspot.com