View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Eh, I guess it's possible. I think the weight charts are pretty right on though, as there's a pretty wide range of "normal." Of course, many women probably strive to be on the lowest end of normal

I go back & forth on this issue, with others & with myself. I try to strive to be the best I can be for me. I feel better when I'm a certain size - healthier, more confident, more active. I don't think I'm a lesser person when I'm not that size. I don't think the media has brainwashed me into thinking I have to be a certain size or weight.

I work closely with a counseling center at work, and they have a "end fat talk" campaign to encourage people to stop saying "omg, I'm so fat" and things of that sort, especially if they are not overweight.
However. Where does that stop? I mean, it's wonderful if you're confident & feel great about yourself @ 5'5" and 200 pounds. Good for you. But the bottom line is that it's not healthy; or at least it won't be in the long run. So big is beautiful is all fine & good, but it's certainly not good for you.