View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
One major issue about the 1987 tour was Mick wanted to get out of bankruptcy. He not only wanted to tour but needed to tour. Lindsey felt he did his part with creating a successful album. We would never know but I disagree that cooler heads would have prevailed and after 1987 the Rumours 5 would have gotten back in the studio in a few years. Lindsey had a horrible experience during Tango. Stevie's klonopin addiction was just about to go full steam and Mick was still using and abusing. I don't see Lindsey entertaining the idea again. But who knows. The rest of the band did not have a successful solo career like Stevie so they definitely wanted to tour to make some money.
Good points. I would just add that the reason I said cooler heads might have eventually prevailed was because by the time FM toured in 1987, Stevie was no longer doing cocaine, so some of the issues Lindsey may have had with her during the recording of Tango may not have been a factor at that point. Of course we'll never know, but I suspect if Lindsey had toured with them, things might have been better because of that, but obviously he would have had no way of knowing that at the time. Lindsey leaving at that time, whether he was fired or he quit, was probably the right thing for him to do for himself. Perhaps the band now thinks Lindsey leaving is the right thing for them.