View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I am a big fan of Stevie's solo career, and a big fan of Fleetwood Mac.
But this will be the first tour I am not excited about, and I am not buying tickets. I tried accepting Rick and Billy back when FM tried to replace Lindsey the first time he left, and it just wasn't magical for me(I don't consider FM's "Time" album as "Cannon," and ignored that period).
Combining Mac tours and Stevie solo tours, I have been to 36 of their shows.
I've been following their music since I was 15 years old.
Lindsey's firing shocked the hell out of me.
I am not going to point fingers, because I don't know what truly happened.
We all can speculate, and assume.
But whatever the truth is, in my opinion, if Lindsey Buckingham is no longer part of Fleetwood Mac, the band should break-up.
This is likely their last massive tour.
Fleetwood Mac is a beloved, iconic band.
"Rumours" is now part of pop culture and arguably one of the great albums that defines the 1970's. 31 weeks at #1.
And that line-up of the mighty Mac went on to release 3 more great albums that spun off songs that are now classics, and still get massive airplay.
"Tusk"(an album I've always loved) was considered a flop in it's day, simply because it didn't sell the massive numbers "Rumours" sold.
But now, critics and fans consider "Tusk" a brilliant album.
And Lindsey orchestrated that vision.
He is a vital part of what makes Fleetwood Mac magical.
And without all 5 members together of the "classic" line-up, it isn't Fleetwood Mac, to me.
I LOVE TP and the Heartbreakers. And Mike Campbell is fantastic.
But I don't want to see him join FM or hear them do versions of classic TP&THB songs.
This is most likely FM's final big tour.
I don't hold on to any hope that Lindsey will return after this tour.
By then Christine and John will be 80 years old, or close to it.
It's truly sad that the final tour will not consist of the magical 5 fireflies.
I truly think there is no point to doing the tour without Lindsey.
If Nicks and Buckingham cannot get along and cannot put the hatred aside for this final tour, the band should break-up.
Period.
FM cannot reinvent themselves in the sunset of their career as a band.
Am I upset? Yes! I'm mortified. Do I hate any particular member of the band though? No. I think both Lindsey and Stevie equally antagonize each other, and have famously done so for decades.
But there must have been a really nasty final fight between them that caused this to happen.
And if it's gotten to the point of not being able to get through one last tour, so be it...but I'm not gonna hate on Lindsey or Stevie. Nor am I going to hold a grudge against Christine, Mick or John for going along with the decision to do this tour without Lindsey, or post nasty messages back and forth to people on this message board.
I'm simply not going to support this tour.
But I can continue to enjoy the music they made together as a group and as solo artists.
Their music is the soundtrack of my life, and I will continue to cherish that until the day I die.
Articulated so well and speaks to all "factions" of the fandom I think. To your point, we will never know what truly went down, and we (fans and the band) are all the worse off for it.