View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
For part of last week and the next two weeks I'm working in a store that is about 45 minutes drive from home, plus I do drive around a bit for work. So, I've decided to start at the dog and dustbin album and work through some sort of chronological order of the FM back catalogue. It is actually harder than you think because I don't know where to fit such albums as Vaudeville Years, the three Live in Boston, etc, so for now they are going to get missed out completely.

So far I've got through the following:

PG's Fleetwood Mac
Mr Wonderful
English Rose
Pious Bird of Good Omen
Then Play On
The Original Fleetwood Mac

Tomorrow morning I'll start on Kiln House. Once I have got through the Stevie/Lindsey Live in Boston (which I think is the most recent album if memory serves me correct?) then I'll maybe go back and pick up some of the compilations.

So far I've come to the following conclusions:
  1. Jigsaw Puzzle Blues and Fleetwood Mac (the instrumental) are better than Albatross.
  2. Listening to Mr Wonderful, English Rose and Pious Bird of Good Omen in the same day is just too much
  3. The Original Fleetwood Mac album is way too underrated
  4. Some of the best stuff didn't make it onto these albums
What's this not including "Blue Again" in the playlist at the end? Granted it is not an "official" Fleetwood Mac disc, but it could be for all intents and purposes.

I go through and listen to all of my favourite artists works in order of release on a somewhat regular basis. I find it a fun and interesting "walk down memory lane" type of exercise where I try to remember where I was the first time I heard that disc or this/that particular song. It also reminds me of some material I may not always immediately recall that artist having recorded. Honestly, I thought I was sort of a freak for doing, but now that I know I'm not alone, I feel much better!!

Right now I'm listening to my entire iTunes collection in alphabetical order on my iPod. I'm somewhere in the "O"s at the moment.